Grub vs. Larva RNG

Can we get the RNG adjusted when attempting to dig up grubs vs. larva? It's been like a week and every time I try to dig up a grub I've gotten larva constantly! I only got grubs twice, every other freaking time it was a larva back-to-back!

I get if you run, the larva digs back under, but even killing them and digging again on a new dirt trail, it just spawns another larva! They're annoying enough encountering them above-ground.

4 hours ago, Pumkin said:

you can tell whether your about to dig up a grub or larva. Larva have a deeper rumbling noise when they're under the ground whereas grubs have a lighter sound when in the ground.

I'll have to test that out then (and raise my volume). Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Good place for grubs.....no larva at all.....it's under the shed where the green beetle/gun/and 'twinkle toes' take up residence. Stay to the right next to the fallen twig and the beetle will ignore you. Plenty there with a fast respawn. Hope this helps. :) 

Edited by LadyBugWins

I normally go to the Oak tree for grubs and so far, only find larva with the louder/deep rumbling noise & grubs with the more silent noise—so far.