According to the Entropy description:

Tears at the target's defenses, shifting attack results against the target from Hits to Critical Hits. After receiving a certain number of strikes, this effect will fade.

ezgif-3-dabf35bee2.jpg.94ff3e948530d9ee3e64962b60290ea1.jpg

A certain number of strikes intimely stand for 3 strikes, wich includes criticals hits from rolls and others conversions bonus. For a Tiers 8 spell, this is disappointing.

But in reality, it is not totally true ! I said approximately the same comment about the Call to Slumber asleep effect, and I think it is appropriate :

Indeed, like for Call to Slumber and Charm, the entropy effect fade only on Damage hits. Not with debuffs, or pure DoTs spells (since they are Status effects that deal damages and besides, graze or crit only affect the duration of the status). Upon you give 3 crits from damages rolls, every debuff or DoTs spells that hits are shifted to crits, and contrarily to Asleep or Charm, without time limit.

On top, the spell can be casted out of fight, for starting it and directely criticaly disabling the target in despit of their opening defenses maybe. The spell is not Foe only, that mean you can cast it on a charmed ennemy or a neutral PNJ without being confused. This spell is against fortitude.

Then, in addtion to every Debuffing spells, I made a non-exhaustive list of DoTs spells to completely turn off the ennemy with the satisfaction of a full-crit combat log.

Cipher

Soul Ignition

Recall Agony

Disintegrate

Death of 1.000 Cuts

Druid

Insect Swarm (scroll)

Infestation of Maggots

Plague of Insects (scroll)

Chanter

Winds of Death

The Dragon Trashed

...and Evil Turned Away from the Sun

Wizard

Concelhault's Corrosive Siphon

Combusting Wounds

Concelhault's Corrosive Skin

Priest

Shining Beacon (scroll)

Cleansing Flame (scroll)

Blessed Harvest (damages are not affected by crit or graze ; however that dont break the Entropy)

Martials

Brand Enemy (Paladin) (auto-hit)

Garrote ( Paladin)

Pernicious Cloud (Rogue)

Blood and Storm Frenzy (Barbarian) (work on casting this list of spell including scrolls, also on debuffing spells) *

Most of abilities with weapon that deal not damage, if the ennemy is immune of the weapon damage type

---> Soul annihilation itself doesnt count as damage, is a status effect that deal damage, dont break the Entropy.

Miscellaneous

Death in life (Blackened Plate Armor) (auto-hit)

Blood Frenzy (Crimson Panoplie)

Garrote (Woedica's Strangling Grasp)

From weapons, Carnage and Gore (Amra) doesnt break the Entropy

*every of these spell gain a +100% damage from Takedown combo. Same with the Community Patch's Cleansing Flame. This list is also working on Asleep and Charmed target without removing these effects. Too bad a debonaire cant double-crit.

DoT from Attack (Autumns decay etc...) doesnt count as an attack when applied before Entropy.

* DoT from Blood Frenzy are like usuals status effects, they dont stack from the same source, the effect is ajusted for the duration. But the new Blood Frenzy DoT is applied directely when it proc (crit), that's mean if you cast a debuff spell every 1 s and crit each time (entropy), the tick is applied every 1s. It is easy with some non-damaging pulses-spells lightly delayed.

Finally, Entropy seems to be one of the bests high PL spells, especially against lonely ennemy like some bosses.

In the post about Asleep, I spoke to the Soft Wind chant that break the asleep effect ; but that did not, the damage roll was from my MC chanter monk' Rooting Pain.

Edited by Constentin Lévine
Added in martial, soul annihilation, and carnage
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Indeed, like for Call to Slumber and Charm, the entropy effect fade only on Damage hits. Not with debuffs, or pure DoTs spells

huh, i actually did not know this.

i think it's quite a bit of setup for a tier 8 spell, but locking out an enemy with hard CC and high-power DoTs does sound like it can be fun to pull off.

• Like 2