Hello,

thanks to @Constentin Lévine's post about how one can use Kalakoth's Minor Blights to get the weapons of the Changeling's Mantle (when in Boar, Spider or Stelgaer form) I found something new.

You see you can use Concelhaut's Draining Touch to persist the Great Sword of Citzal's Enchanted Armory or all Spiritshift weapons (Boar Tusks, Cat Claws and so on) and I posted about that some times in the past (the rest of the summoned weapons was patched so this doesn't work anymore). You basically summon Enchanted Armory or Shift and then summon Draining Touch. When the encounter ends you will end up with the the Great Sword/animal weapon in your hand and it is now a normal item (that scales automatically to your level).

This doesn't work with the Changeling's Mantle because it deactivates casting. 

But Kalakoth's Minor Blights comes to the rescue! Because that spell cycles through different elements throughout its duration - and it does that internatlly by putting a new blight weapon into your hand. And the spell stays active and cycles thropugh its elemental variants even though you changed into a form that can't cast. What that means is that you cast K's Blights and then change into a Stelgaer/Boar/Spider - of course the initial Blight will be replaced by your natural tusk/claw/fang. But after a few secs the Blight spell cylces and replaces the claw/etc. with a new blight! 

Now, if you end the encounter then you will end up with a persisted claw/tusk/fang etc.

So far, so good.

Now I remembered that I always liked those Ogre fists from Form of the Fearsome Brute, right? But the Ogre's Armor is so bad that nobody ever uses the Ogre form. If you could have the fists without the armor though... They have great base damage (13-25!), dual damage types (crush/pierce) and the second best thing: they interrupt on crit, yeah.
PEN is not great (6) but you have dual damage and that helps.
Why on Eora is interrupt on crit only the second best thing?
Because those fists make an awesome sound when they hit - as if a hammer hits an anvil. 😄 

So if you ever wanted to smack things with your iron fists: now you can!

ogre_fists.png?dl=1

Enjoy! 

PS: this should also work with Shifter's natural weapons - but they are not different from the other spiritshift weapons which you can also get with the help of Draining Touch. I have not yet found other summoned weapons/creature weapons yet but maybe there's more. Form of the Helpless Beast maybe? LOL! ;) 

PPS: those fists are considered weapons, not "unarmed". There's no proficiency/modal for them. 

PPPS: the AoE in the screenshot is from my char's Carnage - it's no property of the fists themselves. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

40 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

PS: this should also work with Shifter's natural weapons - but they are not different from the other spiritshift weapons which you can also get with the help of Draining Touch. I have not yet found other summoned weapons/creature weapons yet but maybe there's more. Form of the Helpless Beast maybe? LOL! ;) 

Actually I try without succes to cast on myself this form to get (maybe) the Citzal armor!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

And about the Citzal's Great Sword, the 100% misses-to-graze is not restricted to the great sword! The conversion work also on the other handed weapon, then also these abilities or spells (if they are considered as weapon). Not work with regulars spells. The ogre fist' interruption-on-crit is restricted to the fist. :)

Isn't it the case that miss-to-graze and hit-to-crit conversions on spells also apply to all abilities, including spells, cast while wielding them? This certainly is the case with the crossbow bonus crit chance effect.

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I guess that's from a mod you are using - because normally the Great Sword from Citzal's Enchanted Armory has no miss-to-graze conversion - nor does the Morning Star.  

Oh yes, that is from BPM , I didnt take care of that because, before this week, I never used this Enchantment. Then, paradoxically, I'm removing this input from the mod for balancing purpose :)

12 hours ago, dgray62 said:

Isn't it the case that miss-to-graze and hit-to-crit conversions on spells also apply to all abilities, including spells, cast while wielding them? This certainly is the case with the crossbow bonus crit chance effect.

The weapon-bonus effect is inexpected I think, it is normaly working only when the "with spells" is wrote in the description (like for the Third Eye Amulet)

Edited by Constentin Lévine

12 hours ago, dgray62 said:

The crossbow is an exception. Its basic enchantment is faulty (but in a benefical way).

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods