Any Covid Xmas Plans

BruceVC

Sup All

So as we all know this is our second Xmas with the virus running amok in many of  our countries and that travel plans can be impacted. Some of you may remember  last year I cancelled my Xmas trip to DBN to see my family because I wasnt vaccinated at the time and we were going through a second wave 

Anyway this year I have my flight booked to DBN from the 21/12-4/01 and despite the new wave I have  no intention of cancelling my Xmas flight 

Its been 2 years since I have seen my cousins and we all planning on our normal Xmas lunches at our beach cottages and I really cant wait, its easy to take things for granted in life and this pandemic has reminded me of how important family and friends are who are healthy and alive. 

So my Xmas will be at our beach cottage with my whole family on my dads side. What is everyone else planning?

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Since I'm going to have company this Christmas, we're probably going to be hanging out a bit at my place, we already got tickets for some interesting theater performances (experimental theater, where the audience is in the middle of the play), visiting Australia Zoo in Beerwah (the place created by the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwing), doting on said friend's little 6 month old niece (and visiting the nieces parents I guess), getting a rental car and go for some rain forest walks in the national parks north of Brisbane, making BBQ at my place, getting drunk in cider and sake... so much to do and sooo little time.

Edit: And a Merry Christmas to everyone around here, whether they celebrate it or not (I don't, but I won't turn down the opportunity to have a good time with friends either, as they don't my a grumpy old agnostic like me)

Edit2: With the Omicron variant around in Australia too, I should probably stockpile on toilet paper before the holidays 😁

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

41 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Since I'm going to have company this Christmas, we're probably to be hanging out a bit at my place, we already got tickets for some interesting theater performances (experimental theater, where the audience is in the middle of the play), visiting Australia Zoo in Beerwah (the place created by the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwing), doting on said friend's little 6 month old niece (and visiting the nieces parents I guess), getting a rental car and go for some rain forest walks in the national parks north of Brisbane, making BBQ at my place, getting drunk in cider and sake... so much to do and sooo little time.

Edit: And a Merry Christmas to everyone around here, whether they celebrate it or not (I don't but I won't turn down the opportunity to have a good time with friends either, as they don't my a grumpy old agnostic like me)

Edit2: With the Omicron variant around in Australia too, I should probably stockpile on toilet paper before the holidays 😁

Sounds great fun, try to do as many things as you can because it will a testament to the reality of the last 2 years 

Think about  what  life has been like if you live in a country that has had numerous waves and doesn't have  the resources or committment to stop the virus spreading, it impacts business and takes peoples lives but mostly older people say 65 and up

Trust me its not what you went through in Oz with your second wave, that wave was real but I dont remember it doing real carnage to your citizens ?

So try to do as many things as you can, you all vaccinated and its good you guys can at least appreciate the reality of your vaccination campaigns :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Here is your regularly scheduled tagline ... "Bah humbug."  😁

...but yeah, no plans. That's just how hubby and I roll. 25 years ago there were family xmas dinners but eh not for years and we probably wouldn't go even there were.

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

8 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm headed down to southern Florida for roughly a week for maximum Omicron exposure.

Please try to avoid busy bars, clubs and stripclubs....I know the path of temptation is wide but you will avoid exposure if you can do this 8)

John Milton