heritage hill/blood pool bonuses?

hey,

i made a new game with setting explicitly history in poe 1 content that i sacrificed aloth to bloodpool, absorbed souls for myself at heritage hill and got scale breaker.

yet  i dont get any benefit of it, isnt doing this actions in poe 1 history suposed give u +1 mig +1 intel in poe 2 if u play with custome made past ? but nothing happen

was this bonuses removed of poe 2 ? i could swear seen a post from 2018 saying they existed

A large part of your soul was sucked in by Eothas when he emerged from under Caed Nua. Over the course of the main questline you will recover it which also includes those bonuses (also see Effigy's Resentment/Blood Pool bonus).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

ah ok, so thats where they gone 😄 guess need wait to reach a  certain place for recover them , thank you.

@Boeroer @thelee @Not So Clever Hound say guys since dun want remake a thread just for that, since you around, and you always play on potd, for a tank is constitution more relevant in potd than other settings? i assume monster hit for harder and got bettter accuracy so have a low con like 8-10 like i had in non potd if u get hit, can get you in trouble no? or its still fine to have it lowed.

stats including berath blessings and racial  with background, but not including pool/heritage, would be :

18mig/10con/7dex/15 perce/20intel/20 resolve ( pale elf , the white that wends, for the freeze fire dmg redce as i do lot of friendly fire with them)

i hesitate between invert dex and perce and consti. wearing a heavy armor with low dex would make me awfully slow which if u want maek a quick res and heal right after aint so great...dunno how balance the 3 for potd upscaled. have low life even with high armor seem risky

would love your inputs on that  😄

18 minutes ago, Panda Baby said:

or its still fine to have it lowed.

Generally speaking still fine.

The added health isn't impactful even on PotD if you have sufficient healing. And if you don't have sufficient healing then a bit more health will most of times just delay the unavoidable defeat a bit. Also you can have an Amulet of Greater Health and the Tough passive if you feel you need a bit more. Sometimes having a bigger health pool is just convenient. For example if you want to get to "bloodied" with one use of Berserker Frenzy - but you don't want to get knocked out either - you may need to raise your health a bit or whatever. But as a tank that usually isn't your thing anyways.  

The thing that needs more attention for tanks is the fortitude defense. High(er) CON can certainly help here - but high MIG also can (and it even boosts healing/self-healing). Also immunities and reistances can somewhat substitute a (very) good fortitude defense since fortitude is mostly used to fend of nasty afflictions.

If I decide to boost my fortitude with the help of CON then I usually go all-in (stuff like Monk's Iron Wheel, max starting CON etc.) because it can be fun leaning into it and not only achieve very high fortitude and a ridiculously high health pool (gives lots of leeway with timing healing abilities) - if not I will keep it low and circumvent the minor shortcomings.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

This is for the Herald right? Herald is typically a passive healer that does stuff on the side to adapt to the situation. If so as @Boeroer said max MIG and flat CON.  Prioritize healing factor over total health pool, without going extreme. True for many tanks with healing IMO. Then ok defenses and high AR will be there for damage mitigation. You will need very high AR to push enemies into underpenetration on PotD upscaled, but a Herald can do it. 

A Goldpact Herald with Sworn Enemy (+Gilded Enmity) should be fine most of times. 

I also really like Goldpact/Lifegiver or /Ancient(Bear) with a fat armor + large shield nowadays. At first you absorb the initial onslaught, then you shift. Once you're shifted the AR is still ridiculously high for a 0% recovery penalty armor  - so you can cast fast while enjoying good AR protection. You can even add Woodskin, Form of the Delemgan or Weather the Storm and whatnot before shifting (and the specific AR bonuses stack with the universal ones), Robust and Moonwell and all the other very strong healings/buffs cn be cast while shifted, you have summons (Ancient gets the really good Sporelings - especially nice with Wild Growth) and good CC and damage options, too. Once your shift is over (pun intended) you will be a lot slower but still enjoy good AR and also the very convenient shield+modal setup. It doesn't hurt you healing and buffing abilities. 

Only downside is that you don't have endless resource generation like a Chanter has. 🤷‍♂️ That's the beauty of a Herald... 

Both have rel. little engagement so at the start of the game they struggle a bit to stop swarms of enemies. If you use shield+spear at least you'll have 2.

Edited by Boeroer

i see so indeed flat con seems ok

i like the bear idea or the lifegiver one yh, sounds interesting, require more micro menagement but sounds fun to have that extra druid

what are your though on crusader? the warrior have some nice defensive passives

what of the dex and perce spread ? a 7 to ratio compare to maybe a 12 12 or 10 12 ? i feel with too low perc my tankish tank wont able  hit anything

Crusader can be very boring but even when build offensively is always sturdy. If build defensively it's really sturdy, has tons of engagement - and is really boring, too. ;) 

I showed in some post in tha past that if you build a Crusader quite agressively and with a two hander you can land pretty good blows (over 170 dmg crits) and still be quite tanky. Not main tanky but off-tanky with still enough engagement if needed.

A fun defense/offense hybrid could be a Crusader with Whipers of the Endless Paths/Offensive Parry - maybe Steel Garrote/Devoted? High deflection, initial parryfest and then later switch to a single target Great Sword to clear out the remainders or so. If you have an SC Wizard then you can even get a single handed Great Sword* for that Devoted which he could with a large shield for little dps drop but vastly increased defenses in a third setup. That could be used when Whispers otEP doesn't offer enough defense or when a lot of ranged enemies are around.

)* Cast Citzal's Enchanted Armory, then Concelhaut's Draining Touch, then don't hit with it but kill all enemies. You will be left with a permanent, ethereal, scaling, one handed Citzal's Great Sword

really? is that critzal stuff a bug ? seems weird that when cocnelhaut touch expire it revert to citzal instead base weapon. surprised it wasnt corrected in bpm or cp lol

but it sounds fun. actually the arcane knight build seems fun to play too with enchanted subclass for buffs and melee spells.

that devoted parry buildseems fun too. something that the ai can handle not too bad ideally as my micro is already lot taken on priest mage druid

Yes, it's unintended behavior. It also worked with the Breastplate and the Morning Star and several other summoned weapons when you used Form of the Fearsome Brute instead of Draining Touch. But Form otFB got patched after I reported that. They also patched all sorts of summoned weapons to truly disappear after combat. They just forgot to fix Citzal's Enchanted Armory, Spiritshift Weapons (claws etc.) and Draining Touch. So nowaydays you can only "persist" a one handed Great Sword or a Spiritshift weapon (a claw, tusk, antler etc.).

It's not gamebreaking but just a nice little detail. It's cool to be able to use a Great Sword one-handed or dual-wield them. :) 

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Yes, it's unintended behavior. It also worked with the Breastplate and the Morning Star and several other summoned weapons when you used Form of the Fearsome Brute instead of Draining Touch. But Form otFB got patched after I reported that. They also patched all sorts of summoned weapons to truly disappear after combat. They just forgot to fix Citzal's Enchanted Armory, Spiritshift Weapons (claws etc.) and Draining Touch. So nowaydays you can only "persist" a one handed Great Sword or a Spiritshift weapon (a claw, tusk, antler etc.).

It's not gamebreaking but just a nice little detail. It's cool to be able to use a Great Sword one-handed or dual-wield them. :) 

what proficency need be used with it then, single weapon or dual ?

Great Sword proficiency and either Weapon & Shield-, Two Weapon- or One Handed Style. Like any other one-handed weapon basically. Two handed style doesn't apply. 

It's nice to use One Handed Style (+12 ACC and crit conversion) in combination with the great sword modal. It gets you some bonus damage without the otherwise hefty accuracy loss.

how does dual wielding work in poe 2? when u hit with 2nd hand weapon i seen only small portion dmg applies..

, but does the one hit efffects work fully in applying? like if my second hand weapon has armor redcuce on hit or such will it apply to target despite dmg being very small?

Edited by Panda Baby

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Great Sword proficiency and either Weapon & Shield-, Two Weapon- or One Handed Style. Like any other one-handed weapon basically. Two handed style doesn't apply. 

It's nice to use One Handed Style (+12 ACC and crit conversion) in combination with the great sword modal. It gets you some bonus damage without the otherwise hefty accuracy loss.

so u mean u basicaly wield  a 2h weapon, in one hand, but using the 2h great sword modal and being able benefit 1h sword style bonus skill too? geez....

Yes :)

Like using a pistol one-handed with the modal on. Only there it's a reload bonus which is better than the great sword's damage bonus.  

The Citzal's Great Sword has no special features other than being one-handed (and scaling). 

On 12/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, Boeroer said:

That is working also when first you use a scroll of Minor Blight insteed of Draining Touch. You can get without mulclassing a wizard some goods weapons from Lessons of Changeling (Changeling's Mantle) or the Storm Blight Claw (Fury druid) in your inventory. Claws from the Changeling's Mantle at level 20 are better than a Legendary great sword in damage (they are closer than an legendary arquebuse) and they are one handed. But they dont benefit from Modal that is right. Dual wield the Fury's claws as an Arcane archer is cool :)

14 minutes ago, Constentin Lévine said:

That is working also when first you use a scroll of Minor Blight insteed of Draining Touch. You can get without mulclassing a wizard some goods weapons from Lessons of Changeling (Changeling's Mantle) or the Storm Blight Claw (Fury druid) in your inventory. Claws from the Changeling's Mantle at level 20 are better than a Legendary great sword in damage (they are closer than an legendary arquebuse) and they are one handed. But they dont benefit from Modal that is right. Dual wield the Fury's claws as an Arcane archer is cool :)

nice,

way of proceed is same ? u summon the weapon then summon blight or concelhaut and let it expire without using it till end combat ?

1 hour ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Claws from the Changeling's Mantle at level 20 are better than a Legendary great sword in damage (they are closer than an legendary arquebuse) and they are one handed.

I didn't know that the weapons of the Mantle'd shift form where better than the other spiritshift weapons (e.g. Cat's)?. That's cool and good to know. :)

But the Great Sword from Citzal's Ench. Arm. is one-handed as well. :)

Fury spiritshift weapons are meh imo because the base dmg is low and they don't work with Driving Flight. :(

1 hour ago, Panda Baby said:

nice,

way of proceed is same ? u summon the weapon then summon blight or concelhaut and let it expire without using it till end combat ?

In first, you summon the Blight (or Draining Touch), and then you active the Lessons of Changeling :)

27 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I didn't know that the weapons of the Mantle'd shift form where better than the other spiritshift weapons (e.g. Cat's)?. That's cool and good to know. :)

But the Great Sword from Citzal's Ench. Arm. is one-handed as well. :)

Fury spiritshift weapons are meh imo because the base dmg is low and they don't work with Driving Flight. :(

The boar form is really good, 2 kind of damages and they dont scale with level (level 1 char can have two of this weapon when exported : sangler.png.cf3cde0b523e0d41f5a622d4020a7e73.png

but others forms get a similar dps because the recovery time is ajusted, faster but less damage based on the same model

Edited by Constentin Lévine

3 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

[screenshot of tusks]

Could you hover over the dmg or post the base dmg of the tusks? The screenshot is with (unknown) dmg bonuses. So far it seems to me that Spiritshift Cat weapons are better (unless the base damage of those Changeling's boar tusks is much higher and/or the ACC bonus is higher than legendary).

Not taking exporting into account because that allows for super cheese anyway. 

Edited by Boeroer

The problem with Changeling's forms Claws is the non-scaling thing, wich mean no acc bonus..

Otherwise, there is the comparaison :

Cat : 13-19 with 9pen for 0.5-3.0s (base+ scaling 16acc)

Mantle Spider : 16-20 with 11pen for 0.7-3.0s (no scaling)

Mantle Steagler : 24-30 with 12 pen for 0.5-3.0s (no scaling)

Mantle Boar : 27-32 with 11 pen for 0.5-4.0s (no scaling)

A great sword scaled to Legendary : 29-38 with 11pen for 0.7-4.0 (+15acc) ;

You was right with the the Great Sword from Citzal, sorry :) too bad the form's bonus is not packaged with the claw.

• Like 1