Pillars 1 on Apple M1

I've been trying to run Pillars 1 on my new M1 MacBook Pro. Has anyone had any luck with that?

The Apple Gaming Wiki site says Pillars of Eternity has been tested and runs perfectly, but whenever I try I just get a black screen with the game's mouse pointer and the title screen music playing in the background. I can load the Steam overlay, which looks like it's running in the correct resolution, but otherwise all I can do is cmd-Q to quit.

I've tried disabling the Steam overlay and verifying the game cache, and I've experimented with finding the actual game file and turning on or off the 'Scale to fit below built-in camera' option. None have made a difference

I guess it's not a widespread issue because I haven't read about this before.

I fear you might not get an answer here because the Pillars I forums aren't frequented a lot nowadays-  and it's unlikely that somebody with the same problem (and a solution how to fix it) will show up here. 

For what it's worth: I played PoE on several different Linux versions and it always worked. I suspect it's just a minor detail that prevents your game graphics from properly loading up. 

You could try to search the technical subforum here - see if somebody else had the same problem.

Sorry that I can't offer more useful advice. 🤷‍♂️ 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods