Hello, I dont know if this is the right place, in case is not, I hope a mod can move it.

I have a question, right now Im playing the game on game pass but I would like to buy it on steam, because is where I have now the money. Can you use your GP save game on steam version¿? or the steam game as it is using the MS/Xbox account do the cloud syncs the save for steam?

Edit: Btw noticed that the game never had any sale on steam, will be on sale any time soon¿?

Thank you :)

Edited by MrSeriouscat

13 hours ago, Mushroom said:

I had the game originally trough Game Pass and then bought it on Steam. I just copied the savefile from the GP versions location to the Steam ones location and it worked just fine.

Thats nice, but

here a dev said that save file is on the cloud, you cant find it locally, so how to do it for the future? Or did they fix it and now there is a folder location to copy¿?

Hmmm... I'm not entirely sure anymore. I do remember copying my savefile from "Grounded Windows 10" folder to "Grounded" folder since it wasnt showing up ingame. Maybe I just remember wrong and it was a version update that changed the savefile location, not migration from GP to Steam version.

• 3 weeks later...

-Hello MrSeriouscat

You can export your save from the Load game menu if you're on PC Gamepass or the Microsoft store version of the game. Once you have that file, you'll need to copy it here: 

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Grounded

Hopefully, that answered your question! If you run into any other issues, please submit a support request, and we will work with you one on one to help resolve the issue. 

Thanks, and have a good day!