28 minutes ago, hansvedic said:

Are there any enemy abilities that neither Writ or War nor Writ of Sorcery will disable?

If so, what are they, and what enemies possess them? 

I am especially concerned about megaboss abilities.

You should be careful about another point : Megabosses have huge Resolve. Debuffs tend to not last for long. And their sky high defenses mean you won't even debuff them reliably.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

You should be careful about another point : Megabosses have huge Resolve. Debuffs tend to not last for long. And their sky high defenses mean you won't even debuff them reliably.

While I appreciate your concern, I am aware of that already, and I have some ideas on how to deal with the accuracy issue.

Still, that response does not answer my main question. Does anyone know the answer to my main question? 

That being said, the question from the OP is interesting, even if we leave apart Megabosses.

Writ of Sorcery is pretty clear about what it target, and probably prevent effects the same way as 

I have more interrogation about Writ of War though.
I guest that a Priest of Woedica/Berzeker can be ideal to test it on your own party, and adding Druids / Chanters / etc... can help testing it on various (summoned) monsters.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:04 AM, Elric Galad said:

21 hours ago, Waski said:

Main issue with that kinda debuffs is they wont last very long with sky high resolve.

miasma of dull-mindedness OR arkemyr's wondrous torment + weyc's wand (for a wizard, empower guarantees at least a graze). instant -10 resolve, and both of those also drop intellect by -10 for a total -40 to will. add in a club modal for a net -65 will at this point. follow up with a normal casting of miasma/arkmeyr and get huge duration even when not empowered at that point (arkemyr is better because of high base duration). edit: in a pinch, some luck and a cipher's psychovampiric shield will do somethign similar, though i definitely prefer the wizard approach which is pretty much foolproof.

due to increasing returns from resolve, 25 resolve compared to 35 resolve is night/day for debuffs. 

edit: because neither miasma or arkemyr (or psychovampiric) are afflictions, all megabosses are vulnerable to this. even though dorudugan is a vessel, still vulnerable to these mind abilities.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2