Armor, weapons, and Gear Deteriorating in Chest?

Just realized that the new black ant armor and single-handed sword I made has deteriorated to half health while just chilling in a chest, waiting to be used. They haven't even seen battle yet. Then, I check my other gear and found they are also deteriorating. Soooo......glitch? Another update oops? Or is this gonna be a thing? Please help. I can't play the game until this is resolved. Running around the yard while carrying every piece of hard earned equipment in my backpack is exhausting. What's a Lady to do? 😂

• Like 1

I didn’t notice this, probably because I never put my armors and tools into chests. I have all the armors on Armor Dummies and the tools on the Wall Mounts. But I should probably check the rotten armors and tools, those are in a chest. Hopefully this is fixed soon, along with food losing half it’s timer whenever I exit and start my world at a later time.

• Like 1

Nicholas, I went back to all my bases and checked. Even the armor that were placed on Armor Dummies and Weapons that placed on wall mounts have loss over half of their "health". And my trident has disappeared from the wall mount entirely. I repaired most of them and will check back to see if this is a one time thing or a continuous problem. In the meantime, I'll have to carry my favorite armor and weapons in my backpack until this is fixed. Doesn't leave much room in inventory for gathering resources, but it will help prevent continuous repairs and deterioration of what I need to use right now. It's either that, or stop playing for a while until they fix this. 

And just when I was having so much fun with the new content. :) (PC/Single Player/Mild) 

Yeah it used to only occur to glider but recently my antlion armour took a hit while I was hauling  building materials using red ant armour. This is on an Xbox one

• Like 1

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

I posted a comment on You Tube about this problem and got a reply with a work-around. Haven't tried it yet, so forgive me if it doesn't work....but one comment said to put all gear in a basket before leaving the game. If this works, we'll have a way to continue playing without constantly repairing our gear or loosing it entirely. Hope this works. Can't hurt to try. :) Have fun everyone. 

It doesn't work.  The problem is it's inconsistent.  For an experiment I made a cruise structure inside I placed 3 baskets and two chest and filled each one with sets of clover armour, 2 dandelion fluffs, pebblet axe and hammer.

1 load all chest normal

2. Chest 1, basket 3 shown degradation in fluff reset with new fluff

3.  No change

4 no change 

5. Contents in all baskets show degradation

Reload 5a no degradation

Reload 5b degradation in all chest present no more than one item

Doesn't appear to be triggered by any condition other than Murphy's law

• Like 1

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

Yes.....this appears to be random. Played yesterday. Checked a few items that I repaired and placed in baskets. Some in chest. Some on displays. Saved. Reloaded. Everything seemed to be holding out  ok. Then checked a basket with new tuffs and found them all at half health. Fortunately.....at least, so far......all the gear stripped down to half health have stayed that way. No further deterioration. Whew......hope that doesn't change. We'll see. 

Now.....onto other matters. Moving doors, disappearing wolf spiders, tadpoles taking up choir practice (rather loudly) beneath my lily pad mansion, fire-flies moaning the whole night long perched on my castle walls and Obsidian's brand new CRACK-Whoosh-THUD that welcomes you back every single time you load in the game or reload a save. Ah....the joys of the great outdoors. 🙃 Think I'll take a break and go fight some dragons for a while. Clear my head. See ya later.....(Oh...you know I'll be back by lunch time. This game is just too addictive!)