Hi!

So... why not summon Llengrath's Warding Staff as a Warlock, right? Just because nobody else does. ;)

And also because every hit with it pushes the enemy into their own Carnage area. That means you are not only doing the normal weapon damage to the initial target but also the Carnage dmg (which ususally only hits enemy bystanders and not the initial target). 

I think that's not overly powerful but a pretty good use for that staff - and most of all: it's fun. :) 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gamoamoa said:

Hey! That is a fun idea! I have been stuck trying to find a way to play my warlock that satisfy me, so i'll give a try !

Please report how it went. :)

Funny side effect: if you use the Helm of the White Void then every attack you do with the staff gets +10 accuracy (Rymrgand's Influence) - because the staff causes a hobble effect with every strike.
 That's a really nice bonus to have. 

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

No, it doesn't properly stack it seems. I guess the longer push from Force of Anguish overrides the shorter one from the staff, no idea. At least nothing noteworthy happened when I tested it.
Also Clear Out + Ll's Staff doesn't do multi-push it seems.

One weird effect I noticed: if you use knock-ups with the staff ( for example Skyward Kick) there will be no knock-up animation: the target will stay targetable, but the knockup "CC" effect will still get applied to the enemy for a few secs (is hard-cc'd then as if prone but really isn't). I guess the push animation overrides the knockup animation. This can prevent the usual problems where allies try to attack the enemy but will miss because it gets knocked up (and becomes untouchable while in the air).   

I also tried a Rogue with Arterial Strike and pushed the melee enemies away from me. Most of them are stupid enough to try to reach me again... and again. :) 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, Boeroer said:

Please report how it went. :)

Funny side effect: if you use the Helm of the White Void then every attack you do with the staff gets +10 accuracy (Rymrgand's Influence) - because the staff causes a hobble effect with every strike.
 That's a really nice bonus to have. 

It was really fun! My warlock followed a somewhat recent build posted on this forum, focused on casting fire spells

(exept it is a blood mage/berserker and not an evoker/berserker), so maybe it wasn´t well adjusted to melee dmg (and I suck at adjusting equipment and buffs xD), but it does push the enemy easily to the carnage zone of the hit itself, and ONCE i managed to push back one of my clone's targets back, and it was woth it ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, Boeroer said:

Funny side effect: if you use the Helm of the White Void then every attack you do with the staff gets +10 accuracy (Rymrgand's Influence) - because the staff causes a hobble effect with every strike. That's a really nice bonus to have. 

It is great indeed, because few weapon special attacks fully benefit from Rymrgand's Influence. Most unique weapons have their DMG and Affliction special effects split into 2 rolls. So only the Affliction roll gets the ACC boost, not the DMG roll. I'm assuming the Warding Staff only does one roll?

Of note, Caedbald's Blackbow and Concelhaut's Draining Touch also fully benefit from Helm of the White Void.

I bet it would combo very nicely as well with a Spellblade + Arterial Strike!

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

4 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

I'm assuming the Warding Staff only does one roll?

I don't remember. I just checked several of the  dmg hit rolls while playing Rotghast tennis and always there was the +10 ACC from R's Influence. :)  

• Thanks 1