Horns of the Bleak Mother Bonuses Removed For Some Reason.

As stated in the title the bonus to perception, and the bonus damage to animals are no longer popping up on my wizard/chanter character. Here is the link to my screenshot of the issue. ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

It is a bug. It occurs very seldomly but it's still there.

It is not 100% confirmed but to prevent it from happening again you need to uncheck the "gib" option in the game options menu (I am not joking).

If your gib option is already deactivated... 🤷‍♂️ I never had this bug during a lot (lot) of playing hours - and I'm playing without gibs. No proof but maybe another hint. 

You can get back the original helmet by reloading to a state before that happened (obviously), by using the console to give you the helmet again (will deactivate achievements) or by hiring an exported character as adventurer in a tavern to whom you gave the helmet in another playthrough. So if you have another savegame (can be the same run from before) with that helmet you can export a character with nothing on but that helmet, reload your actual game and hire that character at lvl 1 with items. It will cost a bit of money but you'll have your helm back without "official cheating". 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

8 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It is a bug. It occurs very seldomly but it's still there.

It is not 100% confirmed but to prevent it from happening again you need to uncheck the "gib" option in the game options menu (I am not joking).

If your gib option is already deactivated... 🤷‍♂️ I never had this bug during a lot (lot) of playing hours - and I'm playing without gibs. No proof but maybe another hint. 

You can get back the original helmet by reloading to a state before that happened (obviously), by using the console to give you the helmet again (will deactivate achievements) or by hiring an exported character as adventurer in a tavern to whom you have the helmet in another playthrough. So if you have another savegame (can be the same run from before) with that helmet you can export a character with nothing on but that helmet, reload your actual game and hire that character at lvl 1 with items. It will cost a bit of money but you'll have your helm back without "official cheating". 

Thanks for the help Boeroer.

• Like 1