Question about the summoned weapon for wizard, the one throwing elemental orbs (T3)

I was wondering if anyone has a ranger+wizard that could test something. This spell counts as a ranged weapon, that deals AOE. Ranger has a talent that makes every ranged weapon attack bounce once. In theory, both rot skulls and the elemental blob in hand thinggy - if they hit several targets with one attack - should proliferate/richochet out 1 new version of itself times number of targets hit. So if it hits 3 enemies, 3 new elemental or rotskulls should in theory be fired out.   

Since rotskulls leave poison ground effect, I was also wondering if this stacks with multiple versions of itself or if they override each other. 

10 minutes ago, Ouroboros226 said:

So if it hits 3 enemies, 3 new elemental or rotskulls should in theory be fired out.   

not quite - it's a projectile that triggers an aoe. it'll hit one enemy (which triggers an aoe that hits 3 targets) and then bounce to another enemy (which triggers an aoe that hits whatever number of targets). my memory is a little fuzzy, but i feel this is what happened when i did this with maia and a scroll of minor blights. it's akin to what happens when you turn on the Rod modal (which adds aoe) with a ranger with driving flight - same thing happens. edit: there are definitely some weapons that do multiple projectiles, which benefits more crazily from driving flight, iirc.

10 minutes ago, Ouroboros226 said:

Since rotskulls leave poison ground effect, I was also wondering if this stacks with multiple versions of itself or if they override each other. 

unless something changed, rotskulls is not a ground effect, but an aoe that adds a DoT to everyone affected. It definitely won't stack with itself.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

That is true, but keep in mind that eye gouge does relatively little damage, but forever. It's not that impactful in normal fights, in which you'll kill the foes much faster using normal means. But it can be strategically used to take out megabosses and other challenging foes.

• Like 1