Coronavirus 666: The Number of the Delta Variant (but in an entirely scientific context)

Amentep

QQ

51 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

As a person who wears glasses, I really struggled with the ones that aren't cloth. But with the recent rise, I've committed to wearing surgical masks in class and just not being able to see well.

I find it to be worse with cloth masks.

42 minutes ago, rjshae said:

I wonder if anybody here has tried an anti-fog spray for their glasses?

Careful, some may contain cancer-causing chemicals.

How long you can wear your N95, according to experts

"I wear mine for a week," said Linsey Marr, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech.

An N95 mask's material and filtration ability aren't "going to degrade unless you physically rub it or poke holes in it," Marr said. "You'd have to be in really polluted air ... for several days before it lost its ability to filter out particles. So, you can really wear them for a long time.

"People have been talking about 40 hours -- I think that's fine. Really, it's going to get gross from your face or the straps will get too loose or maybe break before you're going to lose filtration ability," she added.

The reason why N95 masks are designated as single use is because they're categorized as medical masks, said Erin Bromage, an associate professor of biology at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• Gorth locked this topic

Thread hit its expiry date... more sick stuff here

:closed:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein