Hello, so lately I know I've been asking around alot about various builds, trying to find the another build that is just as fun as the two builds I have only beaten the game with (Steel garrote/ Bloodmage) and (Forbidden Fist/Ascendant), So I tried other half caster multiclasses but they didn't Have the same fun feel as the previous 2, but one thing I keep coming back to for the caster half is Druid as I really like the spell list you get with it , with all the Storm, Plant, and Beast spells.

But sadly they have a finite pool of spell slots/number of times you can use your spells, which gave me the idea of combining it with tactician which has the brilliant ability to regenerating class resources, which would allow me to cast spells like the more infinite resource having classes, But I'm having trouble picking a druid subclass for this warden build and also having trouble on how I would proc brilliant using said druid class(Fury,Ancient or maybe Shifter), I would really appreciate the help and advice thx.

The perfect Druid subclass would be Watershaper because of the foe-only Chillfog (blinds) which would be perfect for this class combo. You can get that via mod or console.

Ancient would have the Sporelings to help with flanking. And Sunbeam can be used to blind enemies temporarily. But those are not phantastic options so maybe you either go with scrolls or explosives to flank (distract/disorient/blind) enemies or you use special weapons:

Hand Mortar (Blinding Smoke): can be used with high INT and decent ACC to flank enemies. Every crit of the AoE blast wil trigger a blinding smoke cone(!). This often leads to all enemies in the AoE getting distracted. It even works with Clear Out if you put a melee weapon or bashing shield into the offhand. Then every hit roll of the Clear Out come will proc a mortar blast - and every crit of those mortar blast rolls will proc a Blinding Smoke cone. This is almost a gurantee to distract everybody in front of you while also dealing a lot of damage. Just never use the Powder Burns modal because this will prevent Brilliant. Interrupting enemies with Clear Out might also give you back Discipline on top.

Whispers of the Endless Paths with Mule Kick: You can disorient everybody in the cone-shaped AoE of the attack. When interrupting enemies' action that way you'll get Discipline (so it's easy to do this over and over again because Mule Kick is so cheap) but it's also easier to "flank" all enemies with Mule Kick then, triggering Brilliant. Also WotEP is an excellent weapon to use with Taste of the Hunt. Every enemy in the cone will suffer from the strong DoT of Taste of the Hunt (the healing will only get applied once though).

Maybe there's other weapons that can do similar stuff which I now forgot about. But the good thing about the two I mentioned is that you can get them very early - so you don't have to wait to play the char as intended. Until getting the weapons you can use Sporelings (later too, of course - Sporelings are great tankers at higher levels because they'll have very long duration and you can apply Wild Growth on them which has no duration).

---

So my ideas would be: either try Watershaper or Ancient with Hand Mortar+whatever melee weapon - or with WotEP. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ah I see, it seems they really didn't want to make regaining  resources for druid easy even with tactician, but yea can't get water shaper as I am playing on console, so it comes down to ancient, hand mortar,or whisper of the Endless pass with mule kick.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jae Addison said:

Ah I see, it seems they really didn't want to make regaining  resources for druid easy even with tactician

Yeah, self contained resource regen with Druid is very hard to achieve.

After Ashen Maw, you could also make sure that your Wit of Death Herald gets upgraded to Brilliant (through God dialogues). That gives you a fairly long use once per day without cheesing duration.

You could also have of course a Cipher and a Priest in your party for the combo Ancestor's Memory + Salvation of Time.

Last thought: if you solo, a Rogue /Druid can get some kind of resource regen by resetting the fight :). But that doesn't work 100% of encounters.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound
  • Like 1

As long as you are in a party your Tactician/Druid can profit from other party member's abilities to flank enemies - Ciphers and Wizards mostly. 

That better anyway because you don't have to cause flank by yourself and only then can regain resources. The action economy is a lot better if somebody else causes the flanking for you while you already start to cast your preferred spells.

Solo it's a different story of course. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods