Fun weapon combo for clear out ? (assassin/blackjacket)

Hello,

After reading a build for an assassin/devoted with amra, i was wondering if there is other fun and (very) effective weapon combo for clear out combo from stealth (hight crit chance for assassin)

I don't have much time these day to play and test, so i wich to borrow your experience ♥.

Clear out allow the use of melee and ranged, so there is many combo possible, my guess will be :

1. main hand : scordeo edge for the blade cascade proc (swap to grave calling vs vessel)
  2. Second hand :
  • Fire in the hole / hand mortar while under avenging storm for multi procs
  • Current rush (scepter) for the aoe crush damage
  • Marux amanth for the aoe fire 
  • Scordeo trophy, then swap to other weapon set for long lasting quick recovery 

On 2h set, i guess : amra, oathbreaker, lord darin voulge or engoliero de espir should have the most value.

• Like 1

Don't forget Kitchen Stove bb. That thing's unique per encounter power is insane! With the Assassinate boost and good Int, it would destroy whole groups of enemies (and if someone survives, they have a nasty long debuff that makes them far less dangerous).

If you do the DLC, Seeker's Fang rapier would be pretty sweet with Spider's Flurry. Although if you have a melee inclined Cipher in your party, he may have better use of it.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1

Clear Out is a primary attack. It only allows ranged weapons if you carry them in the main hand and wear a melee weapon or bashing shield in the offhand. So only one-handed ranged weapons in the main hand work.

Not Assassin, but Hand Mortar with Blinding Smoke + Driving Flight + Avenging Storm is very potent because Blinding Smoke triggers Avenging Storm. Fire in the Hole is better without Avenging Storm. I don't think the jumps get Assasinate bonuses. Both are good in combination with Combusting Wounds, too.

Karabörü is good if you can trigger its AoE cone. You can also increase the chance of that happening with a Monk/Fighter combo with Swift Flurry instead of Assassin.

Sungrazer, if it kills with a crit, triggers Extinction event which is very potent, but it will get no Assassinate bonus because it comes after.

Keeper of the Flame with high Religion is good. 

Whispers of the Endless Paths is good with Clear Out if enemies get lured into a spot. Same is Citzal's Spirit Lance (no Assassin obviously). Also Kalakoth's Minor Blights with an offhand melee weapon.

Any Morning Star is good to apply Body Blows in an AoE with Clear Out. Subsequent Cler Outs then have the benefit of targeting -25 fortitude defense. A Monk/Fighter with Swift Flurry cn abuse that a bit. With Saru Sichr there's a nice trick: The DoT of Saru Sichr is very slow, BUT it stacks with itself AND you can trigger a tick for all stacks by hitting the enemy (and thus applying the DoT again which triggers the ticks for all instances I guess). It seems to work like Combusting Wounds sort of. That means if you hit fast enough the damage is very good after some hits. The additional effects of the DoT (paralyze or kill on tick) are cumulative. So it's 5% chance for every instance of the DoT on the target. With Swift Flurry now you can sometimes trigger several crits on several enemies with just one Clear Out. I used Saru Sichr on Xoti (Monk/Priest) recently and was pretty surprised by the performance against weaker enemies (bc. Swift Flurry) but also against tough nuts (bc. stacking DoTs) so I tested it more with other combos as well and came to Clear Out. It's not "instant fun" like with mortars or so but can be very effective over time.  

If you have several enemies in a corner where they can't be pushed apart a lot then the Weyc's Wand with Revelating Missiles is just bonkers. The seal stacks and ticks every sec. Its dmg profits from all weapon dmg anchancements including Sneak Attack etc. Imo even better with Ranger/Fighter due to Driving Flight doubling the hit rolls. 

Against lower level kith the Magistrate's Cudgel is pretty jawdropping from stealth with an Assassin/Fighter. On crit rolls they just die.

Scordeo's Trophy can be used to gain a lot of recovery-reducing stacks very quickly with Clear Out.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Glad you like this build! I had so much fun with it :) 

One additional thing is that WotEP + Clear Out creates a bit of an explosion that sends enemies quite far and which could potentially be fun to use after setting them up with Arterial Strike from ranged AoE of Mortars.

So they take tons of damage to come to you after the ranged AoE, you use Smoke Veil and close in, Clear Out with WotEP, they're all pushed far, then they take tons of damage when they're trying to come back to you at sluggish speed. I haven't tested though but I think it has potential!

• Like 1

This also works with a mortar in the main hand I guess - you wouldn't even need to switch weapons. I'd even argue the effect maybe even stronger with Fire in the Hole because enemies get pushed "one AoE instance more often" because of Chain Shot?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Clear Out with Carnage is a nice "hidden gem" because Clear Out hits the initial target twice and pushes it into the Carnage AoE - and also all other targets will get pushed from their original position into the Carnage Area once they get hit. Targets of an attack roll usually don't receive Carnage dmg - but in this case I think they do (I'm sure about the initial target of Clear Out but didn't check if the other ones also receive more Carnage damage than they usually would - but it looks like it). Often multiple Carnage hits suppress each other though ("similar effect with longer duration already applied" message in the log).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2