23 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Well you can deal with him quite easily, just not by targeting Fort. 😄

The main ways to damage him are things like Bleeding Cut and Soul Annihilation.

He can die in 10 secs to a solo rogue as @Waskihas shown.

He can also be perma cced with Blade Cascade + Grave Calling, even tho he is immune to mind afflictions, item effects are not afflictions and only share the name.

Dorudugan is only resistant to body afflictions, so petrify and frozen can paralyze him even if it is for a very short duration. Grave Calling is freezing enemies (despite what it's said in item's description) and will paralyze Dorudugan like it should. 

On the other hand Dorudugan seems to be also immune to knock downs (but not knock ups), however the knock down from Rakhan Field Boots is working on him.

41 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Dorudugan is only resistant to body afflictions, so petrify and frozen can paralyze him even if it is for a very short duration. Grave Calling is freezing enemies (despite what it's said in item's description) and will paralyze Dorudugan like it should. 

On the other hand Dorudugan seems to be also immune to knock downs (but not knock ups), however the knock down from Rakhan Field Boots is working on him.

It's not what he's resistant to, he is straight up immune to Mind afflictions.

But as you said from the Rakhan field boots example unique item effects often, if not always are coded differently.

Try being immune to the paralyze from https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Reforge_the_Flesh

There is boots for immunity and also some abilites from classes, nothing will work. ;)

(except the good ole save and reload cheese ofc :P)

4 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

It's not what he's resistant to, he is straight up immune to Mind afflictions.

But as you said from the Rakhan field boots example unique item effects often, if not always are coded differently.

Try being immune to the paralyze from https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Reforge_the_Flesh

There is boots for immunity and also some abilites from classes, nothing will work. ;)

(except the good ole save and reload cheese ofc :P)

Paralyze has nothing to do with mind afflictions because it's a body effect, it affects dex. 😉

There are various effects labeled stun/paralyze which are not afflictions and aren't affected by resistances/immunities to afflictions. Reforge the Flesh, the effect from Withdraw are some examples.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

Paralyze has nothing to do with mind afflictions because it's a body effect, it affects dex. 😉

There are various effects labeled stun/paralyze which are not afflictions and aren't affected by resistances/immunities to afflictions. Reforge the Flesh, the effect from Withdraw are some examples.

Wow all these years and I always thought paralyze was a mind affliction because in PoE 1 it mainly targeted will, lol.

That being said why do you think Grave Calling isn't exactly the same as reforge the flesh?

Have you tested it putting dex immune slippers on a companion and then crit them with Grave Calling?

I'll do that a bit later...

edit: just tested it and you are 100% correct, Dex immunity prevents "frozen.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

5 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Wow all these years and I always thought paralyze was a mind affliction because in PoE 1 it mainly targeted will, lol.

That being said why do you think Grave Calling isn't exactly the same as reforge the flesh?

Have you tested it putting dex immune slippers on a companion and then crit them with Grave Calling?

I'll do that a bit later...

I guess it can be confusing because there are some paralyzing spells which target Will (like At the Sound of his Voice... or Mental Biding), however it's still considered a Dex affliction because it debuffs Dex. 

The paralyze from Reforge the Flesh doesn't debuff any stats so it's clearly not an affliction. 

• Like 1

Hello guys, I am here again 😁

But I will not start another char, I am happy with the Warlock. But there’s one thing I want ask you.

I am playing with a party, on Veteran upscaled no blessings. But sometimes I am feeling the solo play is more fun. Do you guys think that for a first run is better to play with a party (in lore and completion), but playing solo I can try achieve the same stuffs as party?

• Like 1