20 minutes ago, Not So Clever Hound said:

Could you stack 2+ frenzy-like effects from Amra with that? That could be massive too.

No, because you have to have the unique item equipped to keep the 2nd unique effect.

(the only exception found to that so far is Gipon Prudensco)

But if you have Amra equipped and kill an enemy a new frenzy procs and overrides the old one even if the old one has infinite duration.

However this way you can potentially still have it stacked during most normal fights by constantly killing stuff and reapplying the buff.

Keep in mind I haven't tested a lot of items with this and deadfire just loves to have exceptions to "rules" everywhere, especially if these rules are unintended in the first place.

For example I tested this with Weyc's Wand earlier and it doesn't work at all, you extend the intital buff, switch weapons quicksave and reload, so far everything is fine the buff loses its original name and chenges to "The Weyc's Wand.

But then if you empower an ability again you just don't get a new buff, stacking or not.

• Like 1

Mask of the Weyc has an Arcane-Veil-like deflection buff that stacks with other deflection buffs (don't remember if it stacks with Arcane Veil, too - since it seems to be a copy of that ability).

Magnificent Escape Cape has an Escape with the +50 deflection which also stacks with other deflection buffs but not Escape itself (because direct copy I guess but who knows). At least it used to be so.

Cool if you can prolong those with whatever trick (WoD, SoT, SoF etc.) 

Bardatto's Luxury has some inspiration stuff that used to stack with other inspirations of the same kind iirc. I don't use it much (actually only once) so maybe this isn't the case anymore. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Raven Darkholme said:

But if you have Amra equipped and kill an enemy a new frenzy procs and overrides the old one even if the old one has infinite duration

Ah that's interesting. For example if you extend Vanishing Strike forever and after, decide to use Vanishing Strike, it will not override, in fact it won't do anything to the duration. Of course Vanishing Strike is not a weapon ability and as you say, a lot of things in the game behave a little funky ;) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

don't remember if it stacks with Arcane Veil, too - since it seems to be a copy of that ability

It doesn't stack with Arcane Veil but AFIK it does still stack with goodies for generic +Deflection and of course +All Defenses goodies.

Edited by Not So Clever Hound

Just rechecked: Mask of the Weyc stacks with everything except Arcane Veil - and Magnificient Escape also stacks with everything except Escape (even with the Mask). I got my SC Bloodmage up to 230 deflection without any consumables and resting bonuses easily (with the help of Wall of Draining).

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods