Multiplayer save question

Hello everyone,

I am new here and have a question regarding the saves as I'm a bit confused about them.
I have only one save which is multiplayer as me and my friend play together when he has time. However when he is away I'd like to be able to play without him so that I can farm resources or extend our base. Am I able to do this? If so:

• Do I load in Multiplayer > continue and just play solo or do I load solo > continue?
  • If I do this solo and save my progress, will he lose all of his items and progress on his character? (mutations and such)

Thanks so much for your time

So the biggest step for this is who hosts the world.

If you are the host then you can choose to load it through the multi-player option or the single player option and continue from where you left off.

Any progression whether it is solo or multi-player will pair to that save and can be used when you next run a multi-player session with your friend i.e. material gathering and building.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Rayman615. I forgot to mention that I am the host. If I do play alone with our save, will he lose anything the next time he joins me on our save or will he still have all of his characters stuff/progress? This is the one question I can't find answers to.  I don't want to go on and improve our base without him then save it to find that the next time we play together his stuff/character mutations are all gone because I saved it when he wasn't with me.

Edited by Neetz

• 2 weeks later...