Any way to increase light levels in Deadfire?

For some reason I do not seem to have St Drogga's skull on this playthrough I noticed that a while ago - not sure if I have it on someone else in "storage" or if I lost it or maybe didn't get it at the start - I have been bothered with some items seeming to disappear - but my Parkinsons brain has memory issues so I just move on :) I did use a regular torch and had Xoti wield her lantern but the effect was very localized. I don't recall ever having this issue on prior games (GOG has me listed with several thousand hours of play) . 😁 

I am playing on a new laptop which probably has better graphics than my previous games and also playing on Steam which is also new for me but I could not get the game to install on GOG - it went through all the motions - showed the Obsidian logo and bounced back to Galaxy. I finally gave up and saw Steam had it for $20 and I went and got it.

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

15 hours ago, Helz said:

You can go into Preferences, Video or Graphics settings and increase the Gamma value. This might make the colors look a little washed out - if so, turn it down again for the brighter areas.

This worked! will have to fiddle with it a bit to decide exactly where we end up with the best balance between too dark and too light but it is a great improvement for those old tired eye! Thanks 😃👌

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

On 12/20/2020 at 5:52 AM, wanderon said:

This worked! will have to fiddle with it a bit to decide exactly where we end up with the best balance between too dark and too light but it is a great improvement for those old tired eye! Thanks 😃👌

there's also a setting - i forget which - that when disabled has the twin side effects of drastically improving your video performance, but also making some areas a lot darker. i used to have it disabled on my budget PC and it made some areas inscrutably dark even with my relatively good eyes (and torches didn't help). maybe it's "glow effect?"

On 12/23/2020 at 7:29 PM, thelee said:

there's also a setting - i forget which - that when disabled has the twin side effects of drastically improving your video performance, but also making some areas a lot darker. i used to have it disabled on my budget PC and it made some areas inscrutably dark even with my relatively good eyes (and torches didn't help). maybe it's "glow effect?"

Methinks it's "Ambient Occlusion" aka "The thing that probably fried my last card and aims to fry the current one whenever I forget to limit FPS to 30". :getlost: