Glass weapons and tools

I think a good idea for a higher tier weapon further on down the road is glass. The main reason being if there’s cans all over the yard, why not a glass soda bottle as well, or maybe an old jam jar. You would need to use a high tier hammer to break into usable shards. It could be used for blades, spear tips, or even arrow tips potentially. This is just my two cents on better weapons, while an insect pincer might cut well, a glass blade would cut even better. Though I do like all of the insect tools, I think some more items from humans would be cool. Another potential candidate, but less likely to be randomly found in a yard is a sewing needle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

only problem i see with glass is it's fragile, the edge would chip away with use quite quickly.

Sewing needle, or a pack of needles, would be cool.  That family that owns the house is horribly messy, we could get a lot of cool items dropped in the yard. :) 

• Like 1

Xbox One X

6 hours ago, Gearhart said:

Even better for late tier is to smelt your own glass from sand acquired from the sandbox.

Another use for glass could be a special building; a sort of turret utilizing reflection and refraction to form a solar-powered laser.

That would be extremely cool (and I was even thinking the same thing about sand from the sandbox,) but the laser would be extremely complicated and might be too complex for how the game works.

18 hours ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

That would be extremely cool (and I was even thinking the same thing about sand from the sandbox,) but the laser would be extremely complicated and might be too complex for how the game works.

BURG.L could give us the blueprints. It would make far more sense for us to buy blueprints for advanced technology from the bot than things like stairs and reinforced walls. Also, it wouldn't be a true laser, at most it would just have two refracting lenses you could use to adjust the focus of the beam, and the code for a heat ray is already in the game; there's a magnifying glass over by the tree stump.