Transportation ideas

Another post got me thinking about this.

I've already posted somewhere here about crafting a bike.  lets flesh that out a bit more.

Bike

Wheels/Tires

• 4 twigs
  • 2 tier 2 armor glue
  • 6 thistle needles
  • 1 weed stem
  • 2 rubber

The idea here is to take 2 twigs and form a circle, held together with the armor glue.  weed stem for the axle, needles for the spokes, and rubber for the tires.

Frame/Seat

• 3 weed stems
  • 4 twigs
  • 5 mite fuzz
  • 1 berry leather
  • 1 rubber

use the weed stems for the frame, twigs for the forks, handlebars, and pedals (along with a chunk of stem).  Leather and fuzz for the seat and rubber for hand grips on the twig handlebars.  Through the magic of our crafting we'd have gears to pedal and stem tube in the frame to allow us to steer with the handlebars.

Raft

Pretty simple.  We should have the ability to create a raft.  Lash together weed stems (they'd have to make them float first) use the crude rope for that.  then add twigs on the raft for a storage area to transport items.

This could also be used as a cart, add wheels like in the bike above and handles to tow it around.  #NoTaming I'd hate to see it attached to bugs.

• Like 2

Xbox One X

I don't think a bike would work very well. even ignoring how the square cubed law would impact balance, the terrain in the backyard is so uneven that you'll constantly be tipping over. A four-wheeled pedal-powered buggy would work much better; you could even give it its own storage chest to expand your inventory.

9 minutes ago, Gearhart said:

I don't think a bike would work very well. even ignoring how the square cubed law would impact balance, the terrain in the backyard is so uneven that you'll constantly be tipping over.

Unless i'm totally forgetting what i learned in school decades ago (which is probably the case :) ), how would the square cube law have anything to do with balance, and unless i'm again mistaken uneven terrain is ideal for biking, well for us not in a city anyway,  tons more fun up in the hills than just riding flat on a street.

32 minutes ago, Gearhart said:

A four-wheeled pedal-powered buggy would work much better; you could even give it its own storage chest to expand your inventory.

I thought about that, but it'd be too wide, wouldn't be able to go very may places with it.

My idea in another thread was a sled or travois to pull behind the bike, tier 2 for that would be to add wheels and have a cart.

Trying to think up ways to avoid taming and still transport.

Xbox One X

9 minutes ago, YaBoyJenkins said:

I don't how well a bike would work, but I definitely think things like an ant sled and rafts would be cool :)

I could get behind killing ants to make a sled out of dead ants .... 
but not connecting a sled to ants .... 

lets try and not make another ARK ...  #NoTaming

22 hours ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

Unless i'm totally forgetting what i learned in school decades ago (which is probably the case :) ), how would the square cube law have anything to do with balance, and unless i'm again mistaken uneven terrain is ideal for biking, well for us not in a city anyway,  tons more fun up in the hills than just riding flat on a street.

I thought about that, but it'd be too wide, wouldn't be able to go very may places with it.

My idea in another thread was a sled or travois to pull behind the bike, tier 2 for that would be to add wheels and have a cart.

Trying to think up ways to avoid taming and still transport.

inertia. proportionately less mass means proportionately less inertia, which means it would have less resistance to external forces, such as the pull of gravity. Thus, balance would be harder.

There would be plenty of places you could go with a buggy, especially if it is able to brush aside grass like ladybugs can.

• 2 weeks later...
2020. 9. 15. 오전 1시 53 분에 McSquirl Nugget은 다음과 같이 말했습니다.

잡초 줄기를 함께 묶으십시오 (먼저 뜨게해야 할 것입니다

우리는 이미 rubber를 가지고 있습니다. rubber 그림, 우리는 이것을 할 수 있습니다.

Edited by carlie