Epic Games is NOT selling Peril on Gorgon DLC in their store

2 hours ago, Michael Skinner said:

Those of us that bought The Outer Worlds from Epic games are getting Epically screwed out of getting this DLC.  So what's up with that ?   When will this issue be addressed?

Not getting screwed, EPIC messed up. So now Obsidian is stuck trying to fix this. Give the devs a break for EPIC fault.

39 minutes ago, Velos said:

Not getting screwed, EPIC messed up. So now Obsidian is stuck trying to fix this. Give the devs a break for EPIC fault.

Not blaming Obsidian for the screw up, making them aware of it.  I am blaming EGS for screwing up the release for those of us that used them to get the game.  And with no "Official Statement" from either company at this point I see nothing wrong with pointing out the problem to the company that made the game.  They have a better chance of resolving this issue with EGS than anyone else does and since it is their game they have a responsibility to make sure the distributors of the game are distributing the product that they have contractually agreed to deliver.

I bought Gorgon on EGS several days ago, and was pleasantly surprised to get a $10 discount--paid $4.99 for it.   After reading that at most it's an 8-hour expansion, now I see why they called it a DLC, instead.  For that amount of content it's worth maybe $5 to me.  Maybe.  When I get to it I'll form a more certain opinion of its value then.  How well I remember when expansions routinely added ~40 hours of gameplay...!  Guess those days are gone, apparently.

The original game was a great start--a foundation for a really interesting, involving set of games to come.  But it's like one step forward, two steps back in development these days.  If there's a way to shoot themselves in the foot I think developers will find it today.

Just bought InXile's Wasteland 3 @ full pop on GOG.  And find out that there is no configuration-options manual--not even a read.me--explaining the functions of the PC game's configuration options.  In the video options, particularly--some are self-evident, some are mystifying--so I guess they want players to guess what some of those unusual options are and what they do!  Because they sure as heck have no interest in educating anyone about them (mousing over the options provides no info, if you were thinking about that.)  To add injury to insult I assumed they wanted me to buy the Extras for $10 more--which includes the only game manual for the game--the base $60 game provides no game manual of any description.  So, dummy here, that's me--ponied up another $10 bucks--and guess what?  No explanation for the configuration options there, either!  I got the manual but still don't know what some of the video options do in the game.

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: