Field Data Collection

This time I thought I'd share an idea which allows the players to fill a sort of bestiary guide in the game for each creature the player encounters. This is data gathered in the scabi bracelet. Which can be shared with burgl for science points.

Burgl could even offer quests which are actually high level hunts. These are insects that normally would not show unless the quest is unlocked and active. These give the players new field data to fill up the bestiary guide and gain more science points from burgl.

Also, for the fun and educational benefits of it all. Especially for the younger players. The field data entries could also have the info and inages of each creatures real world counterparts.

UPDATE:

Wanted to add in another idea to this where the player could take on a gameshow like challenge from burgl called "know-it-all". Where burgl will ask the player a set amount of questions based off what's in their field guide. However, this is a sunscreen. Thus the player will not be able to cheat and drop out from the challenge's ui to sneak a peek at the answers.

Each question is multiple choice. And worth science points. After a set amount right. Burgl assigns a grade. Any grade that's A or B unlocks a bonus question that can give the player a prizr. Most likely an item that is rare or can't be crafted. Like a mutation or consumable.

This field guide idea above could even expand towards the plants as well. 

Edited by phyerboss
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, phyerboss said:

This time I thought I'd share an idea which allows the players to fill a sort of bestiary guide in the game for each creature the player encounters. This is data gathered in the scabi bracelet. Which can be shared with burgl for science points.

Burgl could even offer quests which are actually high level hunts. These are insects that normally would not show unless the quest is unlocked and active. These give the players new field data to fill up the bestiary guide and gain more science points from burgl.

Also, for the fun and educational benefits of it all. Especially for the younger players. The field data entries could also have the info and inages of each creatures real world counterparts.

I Absolutely LOVE This !!!
I get that it would be a decent bit of Dev work. ... but it would be amazing, and as you said Educational to help everyone better understand the tiny creatures living all around us.

I would love to see this with a tiny crafted book item.
Perhaps you have to bring Burg.L the parts and he crafts it. (I want to see Burg.L doing more things)
If you lose it, Burg.L can make you a new one, updated with only the information you've registered with him in the new book.

~side note~ This would also give us a new decorative item, to place on our tables. Possibly in the future a specialized writing desk.

A Field Guide makes a great deal of sense as well. We're playing characters that are teenagers. Anyone that did any sort of Scouting, you have a Field Guide. You see Field Guides in the local grocery store next to the register ... it's a common item, and a thing the Teenagers would create to help each other. Having a section of Real World information on the creatures found in the Grounded Backyard would add a significant depth and richness to the game.

Wonderful Idea phyerboss !

#NoTaming

On 9/2/2020 at 3:24 AM, phyerboss said:

Great suggestion. I love collectibles in games and completing lists like this. I'm all for kids learning about nature and I'm sure it could teach us all something about them, or their behaviours, that we didn't know.