Ant Eggs Work-Around to make them Spam

I made it tiny boys and girls!

Since the game release, ant eggs were a problem for me, they never spammed. I tried everything and nothing worked. 

Well, this time it did.

I found a bunch of worker ants around weevil meat and killing weevils. 

So, I killed them all and looted them. Big mistake, nothing changed.

The second time the ants spammed, I again killed them all and didn't loot their bodies. After 1 in-game day, work ants were back to the Anthill and ant eggs were there.

So my advice if you are having the same problem, find where the group of ants is (10 to 15 ants in my case), kill them all, and don't loot their bodies. 

Other things that didn’t work:

-          Kill soldier ants at the anthill, stuck or not, looting or not.

-          Kill worker ants wandering around the backyard, stuck or not, looting or not.

Good luck and I hope it will help you guys. 

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

I tried this but it isn't working for me.  I slaughtered all manner of ants.  Worker ants.  Soldier ants.  Ants in the colony.  Ants out exploring.  I've come in and I hear ants hatching at the egg sites, but no ants.  I've even slaughtered herds of ants outside and gone to the colony in good order I *still* can't get eggs.  It truly sucks!

"Not for the sake of much time..."

My ants when back to the crazy behavior. good that when I could, I got +10 eggs. 

I am playing at PC and with Xbox Pass, what about you? Maybe the platform and game version (xbox or steam) can be playing a influence in it. 

One other thing I did and didn't mention because I am not sure if there is any influence, every spoiled meat or weevil meat I find, I grab to my inventory and trash it. 

It is a really annoying bug, not just because of the eggs, but the ants in my game are wandering as crazy predators, they chase the weevils and mites all around the backyard. Once I found 5 weevils together at a corner, while ants were trying to get them.    

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

I'm playing on a PC with 0.2.0.2266 rel Cratereus.  My experience is that, if I kill off all the soldiers, there's no egg respawn at all.  It's pretty empty in the nest even after sleeping a couple of times.  I tried your solution of killing off tons of worker ants and then leaving them unlooted.  I've then gone into the nest only to hear them respawning and the eggs unchanged in any way.  I've identified two different areas where I see broken ant eggs (at least I assume).  In both, I see at least one egg that *appears* to be whole, but I can interact with the egg in any way.  Those areas and the appearance of eggs has remained unchanged in every way other than the existence or absence of ants depending on whether I've killed them or not.

Edited by MedicineDan

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Ants are behaving very strangely since the Aug. update.  A lot of the time I will see hordes of ants just like a pile of them on a piece of spoiled meat or just on nothing at all, or possibly one or more of them  are stuck in the ground with maybe just its head sticking out (slightly disturbing).   They seem to be doing this in the over world and in the anthills as well.  The rooms where (I believe there are only 2) the ant eggs spawn contain one or more broken eggs and one egg that is intact but can not be interacted with.  I did manage to grab 1 egg from one of the two rooms after killing a bunch of ants on the surface , but have not seen another egg spawn since, due to the fact that both egg spawn areas are littered with ants both on the ground and stuck in it, and I mean MASSIVE amounts of ants!  I can see where it would easily crash the game if your computer wasn't beefy enough to handle it.  Even then , it puts a significant drain on even a good rig.   Perhaps they have all just gone psychotic from seeing all their brethren being swallowed by the earth in front of their tiny ant eyes, I dunno , just know they are all flipping out pretty bad in both multiplayer and solo play.