Unarmed Combat

I was just looking at the screen-shot gallery on the LucasArts KOTOR2 page and noticed in screen-shots #5 and #12 the Indiana Jones looking guy is using his fists to fight. Does this mean that there will be a possibility of having effective unarmed combat in KOTOR2? What's everyone else's take on this?

I like the idea of unarmed combat but find it to be somewhat unrealistic. Hitting someone with a sword, blaster, lightsaber, mace, or spear is always going to do more damage than a punch or kick. However, there might be times in the game in which you can't use your weaponry. I always found it amusing in the first KotOR that I ran around with my lightsaber drawn followed by an assault droid and a Mandilorian packing heavy weaponry but no one ever complained.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I like the idea of unarmed combat but find it to be somewhat unrealistic. Hitting someone with a sword, blaster, lightsaber, mace, or spear is always going to do more damage than a punch or kick. However, there might be times in the game in which you can't use your weaponry. I always found it amusing in the first KotOR that I ran around with my lightsaber drawn followed by an assault droid and a Mandilorian packing heavy weaponry but no one ever complained.

I agree it's a little unrealistic, maybe some crazy martial arts pressure points kinda stuff? I think it could be implemented though, consideiring that Fallout3 was trying to put effective unarmed combat in and these are the "Fallout guys".

It would be great if it was at least a viable option.

Just Nod Your Head And Smile

And no matter how big that big-ass sword is, you won't stand out in a crowd. Nobody ever crosses the street to avoid you or seems to be especially shocked or alarmed when a heavily armed gang bursts into their house during dinner, rummages through their possessions, and demands to know if they've seen a black-caped man. People can get used to anything, apparently.

I DONT THINK PEOPLE WERE OBJECTING TO HIS SUGGESTION.

~ahem~

I book marked that site Nartwak, it's so true it's funny.. then it's sad.. then it's funny again.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

He rephrased his suggestion using paragraph breaks in a much more readable fashion. Other people reiterated his suggestion in a readable format.

People still ripped him and the suggestion.

I get the impression from many of the threads here that some people equate gaining power, and killing things = RPG. I find that sad.

He also said something about earth humans being rude...

I think I agreed with him (or someone who agreed with him) on his thread. Not the thread on this board but the one he posted in the other forum.

Adding weapon sheathing would be cool, or even just make it automatic. Like when you enter combat mode, you force pull your lightsaber from your belt to your hands, and when combat is over you return it. Personally I think it would be cool. A lot of work though, because you have to have the animations for single handed saber, 2 sabers, double sided saber, sword, double sided sword, 2 swords, blaster, two blasters, rifle, etc... It would be nice though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I book marked that site Nartwak, it's so true it's funny.. then it's sad.. then it's funny again.

Yeah. I've found it continues in that cyclic manner pretty much indefinitly.

Try devising a game without implementing any of the rules. ;)

All I'd like to know is what game that picture in the upper right-hand corner is from. Grr...

I would like for them to implement it in some form, if they can do it well. That kind of hand-to-hand combat could be pretty cool if they used it with stealth and some interesting animations.

Yeah I have been saying the same thing in some of my older posts. I hope they add stealth kill animations to Kotor 2 along the lines of Tenchu or Splinter Cell. Especially since they are going to have the Sith Assasain prestige class. It would be cool as well to be able to knock people cold if your playing as a lightside character since the pathetic Jedi have such a high regard for human/alien life. I was also hoping for the ability for ranged combat npcs & pcs who have their stealth abilitys buffed up to be able to take human sheilds but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. I'm sure they will impove on kotor in this respect since the stealth kills only consisted of uncloaking and hitting your enemy with a normal attack which was bloody boring!

Cheers!