Too many assets for xbox to handle?

1. Hey all, has anyone else had any issues with the game crashing, or slowing down when there are too many resources on screen?
  2. Me and my buddy have built a decent sized base, its nowhere near as big as some ive seen though. We started to build a skypath between it and our other small base.. but we got about half way, and a few things happened.
  4. First, half the pathway didn't even load on screen for my friend, and he literally fell through nothing.. Secondly, we decided to give up on skybridge, and went to destroy it.. as soon as we destroy the first piece of floor, and the rest starts collapsing, the game crashes every time.. be it in multiplayer, or in single player..
  6. Is there an issue with the game memory becoming too full, and it not being able to process the amount of grass planks?
  7. How can we fix our game? Everytime we do it, it crashes, so now we are stuck with this skybridge we don't want..

update - we managed to remove some parts by literally removing one piece of floor at a time.. but we are still stuck with loads of bits we dont want, and cant destroy them without it causing super lag, or complete crashing :(
Edited by Bricksanity
  • Sad 1

Yup been having this issue since day 3 thats why I suggested there should be a way to trash planks/logs just because us console users don't have the hardware/fps to handle the game the way a PC does so something like that would help reduce that lag and possibly even load times.

We've had the same issues. We are on fiber internet, only two states apart, and have Xbox One X's. I really think Xbox in general just can't handle some of this at the moment... although it's still in preview so hopefully they can iron out some of the bugs. 

Hey all,

Yeah we do have this logged as a big issue for our xbox players. We are trying to look for fixes now, but in the meantime would you be able to let us know your gamer tags, and if you havent which Xbox series you are playing on? This info is helpful for us to look into this problem. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

On 8/22/2020 at 12:25 PM, Cdiaz said:

Hey all,

Yeah we do have this logged as a big issue for our xbox players. We are trying to look for fixes now, but in the meantime would you be able to let us know your gamer tags, and if you havent which Xbox series you are playing on? This info is helpful for us to look into this problem. Thanks!

Gamertags:
- Smoochjack
- Theos Darkforge

We are both on Xbox One X's. 

FYI: we had about three bases and started a brand new map on Friday and seemed to work better. This is good and bad news... it means I think the number of assets do matter as once we started fresh again, it had less issues. Otherwise, we would have had to trek all the old materials over from old bases just to get the game performance back to par.

Also, the host never has as many problems as the other people joining. Crossing fingers one day for dedicated servers. 

Hopefully that helps!

On 8/22/2020 at 2:25 PM, Cdiaz said:

Hey all,

This is not just for Xbox, we play on PC (Steam) and due to some ambitious goals of one of our players, we have sky-bridges across the map to various places but removing them causes crash-to-desktop ... every ... time.  We also probably have 1000s of non-dissolving, non-destructible planks littering the yard, most in gigantic piles which cause massive lag if you run through them. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2020 at 12:11 AM, smoochjack said:

Gamertags:
- Smoochjack
- Theos Darkforge

We are both on Xbox One X's. 

FYI: we had about three bases and started a brand new map on Friday and seemed to work better. This is good and bad news... it means I think the number of assets do matter as once we started fresh again, it had less issues. Otherwise, we would have had to trek all the old materials over from old bases just to get the game performance back to par.

Also, the host never has as many problems as the other people joining. Crossing fingers one day for dedicated servers. 

Hopefully that helps!

Me and my two other friends were playing on our shared world and we had this huge base that was on the tree but the base can’t connect to the tree so it is being held up by a mushroom brick wall surrounded jumó tower and we got raided by termites and they broke that and all of our games crashed and we can hardly load one frame per minute

Gamertags

-Itzz Void2743

-Chunkym0nkey773

-KamzSlammin0

we all play on xbox 1 console

-Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you all have been running into various performance issues and crashes. Please feel free to submit a support ticket, so we can properly investigate these issues. 

Obsidian Support

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam).
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you tell us how many players in total in the game, and their platforms if known)
3. Difficulty level
4. Description of issue.
5. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience and frustration these issues have caused!