6 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

I saw in the patch notes that there was a fix for locked containers. I've never seen an option to lock anything. Xbox user.

I think some things are locked to that player in multiplayer?  (like the chests)

7 hours ago, Fletch Dude said:

That's the thing, I've never seen an option to lock anything. 

I dont think they mean literally lock but lock to that character meaning only you can access it like when I die, only I can see my backpack not the other players.

1 hour ago, tecknotot said:

I dont think they mean literally lock but lock to that character meaning only you can access it like when I die, only I can see my backpack not the other players.

But in the bug fix description it states that they were remaining locked. 

1 hour ago, Fletch Dude said:

But in the bug fix description it states that they were remaining locked. 

So I think that means they are locked to that specific person and others can not view the contents in it.  I think its a confusing thing because the notes are not specific enough.

Originally "fix" was due to desync problems with multiple players accessing the same chest at the same time.  They changed it to "lock" it with a (-) symbol while the player was using it (so another could not).  However this "fix" was not releasing the lock after the player left, leaving the chest "locked" until the player re-logged.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, zariok said:

Originally "fix" was due to desync problems with multiple players accessing the same chest at the same time.  They changed it to "lock" it with a (-) symbol while the player was using it (so another could not).  However this "fix" was not releasing the lock after the player left, leaving the chest "locked" until the player re-logged.

Thanks for clearing that up! Now maybe personal locks on people's boxes they built should be an option? You know, for the good stuff you collect for yourself. 

7 hours ago, Cdiaz said:

Hey Fletch Dude,

Did this solve your issue for you? I can get the suggestion for personal locks as a request to be an option

I have been in contact with someone from Obsidian over email and he basically dumbed it down so anyone could understand it. Ya, if you can get personal locks for boxes in the works that'd be great!