For those who submitted questions to my....

I think they get overly criticized. I think they have their merits and flaws. Episode 2 was considerably better than 1.

As an aspiring indie-filmmaker, I'd love to take a crack at editting Episode 1. I think with a few tweaks, it could be a great film.

Go back and watch trailer B for Episode 1 over again. Watch the Duel of the Fates music video. Listen to Williams' masterful score. There is great potential squandered in bad directing and writing there.

I think they get overly criticized. I think they have their merits and flaws. Episode 2 was considerably better than 1.

As an aspiring indie-filmmaker, I'd love to take a crack at editting Episode 1. I think with a few tweaks, it could be a great film.

Go back and watch trailer B for Episode 1 over again. Watch the Duel of the Fates music video. Listen to Williams' masterful score. There is great potential squandered in bad directing and writing there.

Don't worry, people's perspective about the PT will change once they view Episode III....;)

I think people will be going in with a negative mindset, looking to tear it apart.

So many people have become cynics. I have high-hopes for Ep3, however, I fear Lucas isn't willing to do the movie justice.

Ep2 was good, but he made a rather weak call. He refused to show the Tusken slaughter. Instead we saw Anakin whine about it. Filmmaking 101 - show, don't tell.

I think people will be going in with a negative mindset, looking to tear it apart.

So many people have become cynics. I have high-hopes for Ep3, however, I fear Lucas isn't willing to do the movie justice.

Ep2 was good, but he made a rather weak call. He refused to show the Tusken slaughter. Instead we saw Anakin whine about it. Filmmaking 101 - show, don't tell.

His problem is that GL relies TOO much on EU. In the EP2 book, it goes more into detail how he killed the Sand people....like how a force pulled a huge rock, then force pushed it onto a group of 4 running sand people kids. Just imagine how cool/dark that would have made Anakin look in EP2 if that were to be shown in the actual movie?

Over at Theforce.net we have taken up all the spoilers we have on EP3 and compiled the story for EP3 and by that it is really good, best SW movie if you ask me.

Anakin might have been whiny in EP2, but he is a badass in EP3....trust my word.

The problem is that many people don't read the novels. I do, but people take the movies as they stand.

Lucas should have showed the Tusken slaughter. The storyline for Ep3 could be great. But how will Lucas handle it?

Ep2 was good, but he made a rather weak call.  He refused to show the Tusken slaughter.  Instead we saw Anakin whine about it.  Filmmaking 101 - show, don't tell.

Listen to the Wiggster people. He's hit the nail on the head. ;)

'Tis was rather unfortunate indeed that a great story had to suffer due to the lack an effective editorial process. It was so very dissapointing to watch that Anakin vs Dooku duel. <_<

Why did they opt to cut the lighting and focus the camera on head shots, rather than than show some gratifying 'wu-shu' choreographly like in Episode I, ala Darth Maul?

manthing2.jpg

From what I understand, Lee wasn't physically able to do much of the duel.

Lee is replaced by a CGI Dooku in the Yoda duel largely, but since your focus is on Yoda, you don't realize it.

They didn't want to utilize a CGI Lee in the Anakin duel.

At least that's what I heard. Lee has said in interviews that they did make a full CGI Dooku, just like there is a full CGI R2D2 and Yoda.

P.S. Color me stupid, Jaguar. I recognize your avatar. Is that "Ohm"? It's driving me crazy.