PS4: Constantly getting "no Pen" with Essence interruptor on Doruduga

Not sure if it's a PS4 bug or I am simply doing something wrong. 

I am trying to solo Dorudugan with Herald. Playing on Classic Difficult, upscaled

I have Essence interruptor upgraded  to Mythic, and  and also upgraded to do more shock damage (scales with Metaphysic)

Every hit  does about  ~ 10-12 dmg at most, and I am always getting the "No pen" message, which means the fight will last forever (and dorudugan gets himself healed to full each time one of his fireball hits him)

(I thought Dorudugan had 9 AR against shock on lower difficulties so I should get better penetration no?)

I have included a pic that shows my stats. 

Thank you (and sorry for my English)

POE 2b.jpg

Edited by Alim

Unfortunately this is a bug. If an enemy is immune to pierce damage the game will not further determine if the second dmg type (in this case shock) would be better but just dismisses the attack as "eh, piece dmg doesn't work". It's different if the enemy just has very high pierce AR (then it all works correctly). But the game logic that determines "preferable damage type" screws up once immunities are involved. 

You need to equip a weapon that does not do piece dmg at all (at least as first dmg type listed). For example Lord Darryn's Voulge. 

There's a mod that fixes this, but it wouldn't be accessible for you on a PS4 I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Unfortunately this is a bug. If an enemy is immune to pierce damage the game will not further determine if the second dmg type (in this case shock) would be better but just dismisses the attack as "eh, piece dmg doesn't work". It's different if the enemy just has very high pierce AR (then it all works correctly). But the game logic that determines "preferable damage type" screws up once immunities are involved. 

You need to equip a weapon that does not do piece dmg at all (at least as first dmg type listed). For example Lord Darryn's Voulge. 

There's a mod that fixes this, but it wouldn't be accessible for you on a PS4 I'm afraid.

Dorudugan isn't immune to pierce, must be some internal ps4 bug.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

4 hours ago, Waski said:

Dorudugan isn't immune to pierce, must be some internal ps4 bug.

yeah, this sucks. i'm afraid that something is busted, because essence interrupter should be doing full shock damage to dorudugan. if you haven't complained, i would report a bug to versus evil (I believe they did the port).

Thanks for the replies.

I finally found out the Amaliorra (scepter, upgraded to Mythic) was doing more dmg, 20-30 ish so I used that instead of the essence interruptor. 

However that fight is even more annoying on PS4: hellfire drops famerate to like 0, it made my system crash twice

First time Dorudugan was at 50% health. 

The last time Doru was at 35% health, after more than 1 hour of fighting him :(

Edited by Alim