***Un-Official Kotor 2 FAQ***

When is KOTOR 2 set?

KOTOR 2 is set 5 years after the original. The Republic is scattered from the aftermath of the Jedi Civil war and the scourge of Malak. As a result the Jedi order also ceases to exist. Sith Assassins are hunting the last of the Jedi, the one who they believe will determines the outcome of the galaxy - you.

Who is my Character?

You are a veteran of the Mandalorian war who was in exile from the recent events. You are the last known Jedi left and it is up to you to decide a future for yourself and the Jedi order.

Will the choices that I made in KOTOR influence KOTOR 2?

Yes. Early in the game, conversations will take place in which you will instruct the game, the outcome of your choices in the first game. The game will recognize this and will make the necessary changes in the dialogue/story line.

Will I see the ebon Hawk again?

Yes. You find the Hawk mysteriously abandoned on the asteroid mining facility of Peragus.

Will I start of with force powers and a light saber?

No. Although there is no need for training, being in exile has left you out of touch with the force. As you progress though the game, you strength in the force grows stronger and you acquire a light saber.

Are there any new classes?

Yes, they are called Prestige Classes. They include Sith Lord, Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin, Jedi Master, Jedi Watchmen and Jedi weapon master. More classes may be included.

How will my choices affect my party members?

Like in the first game in doing bad/good things you will receive praise/disappointment from your team members. However KOTOR 2 takes this one step further. Some companions may idolize you and copy what you do, while some others will go the opposite way. This will have an effect on the story line.

How many planets are there?

7 worlds including Dantooine and Telos (Carths home world).

Will combat and interface have major makeovers?

No. Both were well designed in the first game with no need to change. However the Devs will be working on improving and refining both these issues. For example a quick key will make in much easier to change weapons during combat, instead of having to go though your inventory and searching.

Will upgrading on the workbench be more developed in this game?

Definitely. Much more items and upgrade options will be available making way for more powerful items.

Will there be a different graphics engine in KOTOR 2?

No, however the Devs will make tweak the KOTOR engine by making improvements to lighting, weather and slicker character and fighting animations.

Will more combat feats be included?

Not only are more feats included, but the animations representing them will vary as well. If a character is weak in a feat, they might attack clumsily and miss sometimes, where if a character is experienced in a feat the attack animation will make the character look more swift and powerful when attacking. This is to give the player a more satisfying sense of progression.

Will I see any old characters from the first game?

Yes. most old characters from the old game will be seen/mentioned if either alive or dead. However don

Look at it. Laugh a little about it. Let it die and disappear out the bottom of the topic list. The sticky will stick around for a long time yet. :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Look at it. Laugh a little about it. Let it die and disappear out the bottom of the topic list. The sticky will stick around for a long time yet.  :(

What? :p

Shooo!

I was just trying to sound sophisticated.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's nice that people make FAQs for those of us too lazy to look up the answers ourselves. It's unfortunate, however, that I'm too lazy to actually read the FAQs as well.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It's nice that people make FAQs for those of us too lazy to look up the answers ourselves. It's unfortunate, however, that I'm too lazy to actually read the FAQs as well.

Correction, it's nice when people take a significant amount of time to write THEIR OWN FAQs for people to benefit from, this plagairized POS doesn't deserve the light of day though, I say we torch it to hell. :D

Correction, it's nice when people take a significant amount of time to write THEIR OWN FAQs for people to benefit from, this plagairized POS doesn't deserve the light of day though, I say we torch it to hell. :D

Spelling Buddy Sez:

plagiarized

And yes, toast it to heck.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Correction, it's nice when people take a significant amount of time to write THEIR OWN FAQs for people to benefit from, this plagairized POS doesn't deserve the light of day though, I say we torch it to hell.  :D

Spelling Buddy Sez:

plagiarized

And yes, toast it to heck.

Thank you spelling buddy, I knew that word, mere typo. And Spelling Buddy, you spelled 'Says' wrong. :p

Suprisingly, this thread hasn't been deleted yet. Considering i got a warning from the mods about my 'Cart Onasi Chruch of Love'-thread. They thought that it was a too obvious flamebait :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy