Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 2:28 AM, Ivanfyodorovich said:

This is really solid. 

And it works like a charm. 

So I'm going to change caltrop and fire ground trap to instant effects with DoT.

Caltrop :

2.5m radius, vs reflex

Hobbled for 9s

2 raw damages when moving per 0.3s (as arterial strike) for 9s (conditional total 62) 

Fire ground trap :

1.5m radius

6-12 fire damages, PEN 7 vs reflex

8 fire damages per 3s for 9s (total 32+9 instant)

9s shaken vs Will

To be compared with other traps with buffed damages from list above. 

Edited by Elric Galad

37 minutes ago, Elric Galad said:

So I'm going to change caltrop and fire ground trap to instant effects with DoT.

Can you show me which attack you're editing and what values? I'm poking around with Apotheosis and would love to learn as you make these changes. 

50 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

Can you show me which attack you're editing and what values? I'm poking around with Apotheosis and would love to learn as you make these changes. 

{
        "$type": "Game.GameData.AttackAuraGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
        "DebugName": "Caltrops_Trap_AttackAura",
        "ID": "89a4008c-dec4-41b3-a312-3263b8454200"

And

{
        "$type": "Game.GameData.AttackPulsedAOEGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
        "DebugName": "Burning_Ground_Trap_AttackPulseAoE",
        "ID": "3999697c-0a58-4791-8291-6393c8ca7a7d",

Note the unusal AttackAuraGameData type of the first one.
This will probably have to be changed.
Also Burning Ground Trap might be better with Searing Seal animation if it has to be converted to an instant effect.
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:49 PM, Ivanfyodorovich said:

• +1 Trap Power Level (+1 gained every character level after 1) = +1 Accuracy, +.25 Penetration, +5% Effect Duration (no bonus damage)

Nope, it's +1 gained every character level including level 1. So +20 Acc, +5 PEN, +100% duration at level 20

On 1/7/2024 at 8:54 AM, Elric Galad said:

For Corrosive Trap, I also set duration to 12s because it seems a bit low for a Tier 1 Affliction, even considering it is the trap with the biggest AoE (2.5).

Rolled back to 9s when I realized it has PEN 9 (I thought it was 7). Granted the bigger AoE, I think it is OK.

That means I just doubled damages for the 5 working traps.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:50 PM, Elric Galad said:

Caltrop :

2.5m radius, vs reflex

Hobbled for 9s

2 raw damages when moving per 0.33s (as arterial strike) for 9s (conditional total 62) 

Done. Note that this AND ARTERIAL STRIKE have 0.33s ticks, not 0.3 ticks as displayed. Basically Arterial Strike is 10% less efficient than you might have thought.

On 1/7/2024 at 8:50 PM, Elric Galad said:

Fire ground trap :

1.5m radius

6-12 fire damages, PEN 7 vs reflex

8 fire damages per 3s for 9s (total 32+9 instant)

9s shaken vs Will

Changed to  :

1.5m radius

20-40 fire damages, PEN 9 vs reflex (it was PEN 9 already in the gamefile)

9s shaken vs Will

I remove the DoT because the PEN of trap DoT does not scale (so 9 without +5 when I tested). Another thing that doesn't work with traps. So I went with an instant effect.

• Like 1

Version 2.6 has just been released (with all changes discuted above... and removing the Troubadour passive from small portrait UI Tooltip...) :

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

If you like the mod, don't hesitate to promote it a bit around, because it is not that well-known oustide of the official forum 🙂 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zone Jiujitsu said:

For the chanter (my favorite class :)) it says that the bonus for Great Soul is 15% phrase duration, not 20%.

Just a typo right?

Yes, just a typo.

Will be corrected for next version.

Request for next version: 

Increase the "encounter" level of the Hanging Sepulchers maps (Area IDs below). This will fix the unintentionally extreme enemy difficulty that this map is notorious for (a similar change was made in the Community Patch to the Talfor Encounter Map). Some details: 

• These maps are currently set at level 6 (likely inherited from the Sacred Stair which is also 6). 
  • The challenging Skeleton Enemies inside (Risen Champion, Risen Mage, etc) are all base level 10 enemies, and the Dargul Corpse Eater and Armsman are base level 12. 
    • Because of the 4 or 6 level difference between the encounter level and the base enemy level, they will remain 4 or 6 levels higher than your party until you reach level 11 and pass the upscaling cap. 
    • Because they are enemies with classes, they gain additional abilities as their level increases, which makes the scaling all the more deadly (e.g. Risen Mage casting Chain Lightning & Wall of Draining). 
    • For reference, the Sea Lashed Crypt is set to level 15, meaning the Risen skeletons on those maps are actually weaker at party level 10 than the Hanging Sepulcher ones. 
  • The two base game quests for this area (Eulogy for the Dead, and Symbols of Death) are both currently difficulty level 11 quests; however, there's some indication that they were lower at one time (Link).

Suggested Fix: Increase the Area Level to 8 or 9.  

• Based on the placement in the Principi quest line, I'd guess it was intended to be completed by a level 8 party, right before or after Hasango (level 8).  
    • Blow the Man Down (the previous quest) is intended for level 5ish (Pre-Hasongo)
    • A Shrewd Proposition (the follow up quest) is intended for level 12ish (post Hasongo, pre Magran's Teeth
  • Setting these maps to level 8 would keep the skeletons 2 levels higher and the darguls 4 levels higher until the party reaches level 12. 

Area IDs: 
AR_0709_Temple_Sepulchers
AR_0707_Temple_Mausole

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

Increase the "encounter" level of the Hanging Sepulchers maps (Area IDs below). This will fix the unintentionally extreme enemy difficulty that this map is notorious for (a similar change was made in the Community Patch to the Talfor Encounter Map). Some details: 

• These maps are currently set at level 6 (likely inherited from the Sacred Stair which is also 6). 
  • The challenging Skeleton Enemies inside (Risen Champion, Risen Mage, etc) are all base level 10 enemies, and the Dargul Corpse Eater and Armsman are base level 12. 
    • Because of the 4 or 6 level difference between the encounter level and the base enemy level, they will remain 4 or 6 levels higher than your party until you reach level 11 and pass the upscaling cap. 
    • Because they are enemies with classes, they gain additional abilities as their level increases, which makes the scaling all the more deadly (e.g. Risen Mage casting Chain Lightning & Wall of Draining). 
    • For reference, the Sea Lashed Crypt is set to level 15, meaning the Risen skeletons on those maps are actually weaker at party level 10 than the Hanging Sepulcher ones. 
  • The two base game quests for this area (Eulogy for the Dead, and Symbols of Death) are both currently difficulty level 11 quests; however, there's some indication that they were lower at one time (Link).

Suggested Fix: Increase the Area Level to 8 or 9.  

• Based on the placement in the Principi quest line, I'd guess it was intended to be completed by a level 8 party, right before or after Hasango (level 8).  
    • Blow the Man Down (the previous quest) is intended for level 5ish (Pre-Hasongo)
    • A Shrewd Proposition (the follow up quest) is intended for level 12ish (post Hasongo, pre Magran's Teeth
  • Setting these maps to level 8 would keep the skeletons 2 levels higher and the darguls 4 levels higher until the party reaches level 12. 

Area IDs: 
AR_0709_Temple_Sepulchers
AR_0707_Temple_Mausole

Ok, minor priority. 

Won't make a new version necessary, but I will do if any new version is released.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Won't make a new version necessary, but I will do if any new version is released.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. No pressure. I was able to mod it successfully on my own, but if you do release a new version one day, it's such a small change with a big impact. 

I also might consider a retweak of Vengeful Defeat.

Currently, it adds a +2 Rage when knocked down... which kinds of work with resurrecting buddies but feels a tad bit unsatisfying as it is useless without synergy.

What I'm thinking is a +1 Rage periodically while having an Injury (like 30s in a similar fashion as other Single Class Martial). Of course in addition of the original Heart of Fury-like effect. Still match the fluff, but more usable.

11 hours ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

(a similar change was made in the Community Patch to the Talfor Encounter Map).

As far as I know, this was never released (or point me where ^^ ). So I'll do.

If you don't mind testing, I haven't a save close from those :

gn.sepulcher_scaling_fix.gamedatabundle

gn.encounter_scaling_fix.gamedatabundle

Edited by Elric Galad

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

As far as I know, this was never released (or point me where ^^ ). So I'll do.

It's there in the Community Patch Basic (attached here for reference). 

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

If you don't mind testing, I haven't a save close from those :

Tested. It's not working, for some reason. I've tried a few different ways (included with all the mods, just with Community Patch and Balance Patch, and completely by itself). 

Just to rule out a different cause, I loaded up the little mod I made with Apotheosis, and it was still working. Attaching that here, also. 

en.talfor_encounter_level.gamedatabundle worldmap.gamedatabundle

32 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

It's there in the Community Patch Basic (attached here for reference). 

OK it was added in the last version, and somehow I stayed with the previous one...

32 minutes ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

Tested. It's not working, for some reason. I've tried a few different ways (included with all the mods, just with Community Patch and Balance Patch, and completely by itself). 

Just to rule out a different cause, I loaded up the little mod I made with Apotheosis, and it was still working. Attaching that here, also. 

en.talfor_encounter_level.gamedatabundle 385 B · 0 downloads worldmap.gamedatabundle 711 B · 1 download

Thanks ! As long as it is working and tested, I don't care if it is mine.

• Like 1

I'm sure this should be useful 😉 SenSx.

If you need help to correct the text in french I am your man (mon niveau en anglais n'est pas assez bon pour que je pratique la traduction directement, je le crains, mais je veux bien relire et si nécessaire corriger celle-ci si la procédure n'est pas trop compliquée). I don't no how to do it neither !

Franchement, j'abuse un peu, j'aurais quand même pu la faire moi-même 🙂 

Donc ne vous en faites pas, je pense que j'arriverai à minima à relire 😀

Le principal sujet pour les traductions, c'est qu'elles sont difficiles à maintenir, vu qu'il faut recontacter les traducteurs à chaque nouvelle version. La version française est un cas particulier, car si quelqu'un fait le premier jet, je pourrais faire les mises à jour moi-même, l'effort serait quand même limité.

J'ai une nouvelle mini-version du mod que je compte publier ce soit, je vous expliquerai la procédure après. En gros ce sont les fichiers dans le sous-répertoire Localized/fr qu'il faut traduire, mais il faut de préférence repartir du texte du jeu non-modé (lorsqu'il existe).

Edited by Elric Galad

Et c'est là que l'on va s'apercevoir que tous les membres de ce forum étaient francophones depuis le début.😄

Ne t'inquiète pas Elric, on ne va pas te reprocher de ne pas assez en faire avec cet énorme mod dont on profite allègrement depuis déjà pas mal d'années (en ce qui me concerne tout du moins). Je ne pensais pas un jour que j'aurais tant de mal à me décider entre les missiles de Minoletta et le toucher glacial de Kalakoth pour mon magicien🙂. Un grand merci à toi pour tout le travail effectué !

Donc si SenSx veut bien s'occuper de la traduction, je me porte toujours volontaire pour effectuer la correction de son texte en français si besoin est. Je pense que c'est important de maintenir la cohérence avec les termes employés par les auteurs de la VF pour désigner notamment tout ce qui concerne les afflictions/inspirations, mots-clés, etc...

• Like 1

Bonjour à tous,

C'est ça le truc, on ne doit pas se contenter de traduire le sens, les mots doivent correspondre à ceux de la VF d'origine.

Le soucis, c'est que je n'aurai pas toujours le jeu disponible pour vérifier au moment ou je pourrai travailler sur la traduction...

Et je ne suis pas du tout un moddeur, encore moi s un développeur, donc j'espère que ça ne sera pas trop compliqué pour moi.

Ce sera peut-être l'occasion d'enfin corriger l'erreur de traduction de concussive shot du rodeur qui est resté en allemand dans la vf toutes ces années !

Merci encore aux créateurs pour ce mod !

Version 2.6.1 available. Hanging Sepulchers level fix and Vengeful Defeat rework (as a Tier 8 ability, this one was kind of critical for SC Barbs, hence the quick release).

Vengeful Defeat : add 2 Rages on Unconscious <Version 2.6.1> Removed due to rework.
<Version 2.0> Now attacks have their Accuracy, PEN and damages scaling with Power Level, as for Heart of Fury.
<Version 2.6.1> In addition to existing effect, the barbarian now regenerates 1 rage per 30s when injuried.

Vengeful Defeat should be way easier to use, so all Single Class Martial have a reliable source of (slow) ressource regeneration.

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SenSx said:

Le soucis, c'est que je n'aurai pas toujours le jeu disponible pour vérifier au moment ou je pourrai travailler sur la traduction...

Si je corrige derrière toi, ce ne sera pas ton souci. Je m'assurerai que ta traduction des mots-clés est bien conforme à la VF.

51 minutes ago, SenSx said:

Et je ne suis pas du tout un moddeur, encore moi s un développeur, donc j'espère que ça ne sera pas trop compliqué pour moi.

Je partage ce sentiment ! L'informatique et moi ça fait deux.

53 minutes ago, SenSx said:

Ce sera peut-être l'occasion d'enfin corriger l'erreur de traduction de concussive shot du rodeur qui est resté en allemand dans la vf toutes ces années !

Je n'avais même pas remarqué ; mais il faut dire que je joue avec la VO depuis déjà quelques années.

Je vois peut-être un autre problème. Le mod " Deadfire Balance Polishing" est conçu pour aller de pair avec le "Community Patch" il me semble et je pense qu'il faudrait pouvoir également le traduire pour que ça vaille le coup. Or je ne sais absolument pas si c'est possible étant donné que ce n'est pas la même personne qui en est à l'origine visiblement...(Elric Galad pour le premier, MaxQuest et Phenomenum pour le second si je m'en réfère au Nexus)

J'ai regardé un peu le Deadfire Balance Polishing, et meme d'il est très intéressant, je le trouve déjà plus "engagé" dans ses changements, et je ne suis pas exemple pas sûr de l'installer moi meme (le nerf du trickster 😡)

Je le traduirai peut-être si j'ai le temps, et si j'arrive déja à le faire pour le BPM, mais le BPM vaut vraiment le coup pour ce que je peux lire.

D'ailleurs que veut dire "vanilla game bug fix" ?

Un correcteur de bug bien-sûr, ms pk vanilla ?

Le jeu de base a le bug, mais pas les majs ?

57 minutes ago, SenSx said:

J'ai regardé un peu le Deadfire Balance Polishing, et meme d'il est très intéressant, je le trouve déjà plus "engagé" dans ses changements, et je ne suis pas exemple pas sûr de l'installer moi meme (le nerf du trickster 😡)

Je ne comprends pas, tu parles du Balance Polishing Nerf ?

C'est pour ça que c'est dans un package indépendant.

Je le traduirai peut-être si j'ai le temps, et si j'arrive déja à le faire pour le BPM, mais le BPM vaut vraiment le coup pour ce que je peux lire.

Du coup, toujours intéressé par la traduction du Balance Polishing Buff ?

D'ailleurs que veut dire "vanilla game bug fix" ?

Un correcteur de bug bien-sûr, ms pk vanilla ?

Le jeu de base a le bug, mais pas les majs ?

"Vanilla" veut dire jeu de base. 

C'est par opposition à un bug introduit par le mod (par le BPM ou par le Community Patch). 

Edited by Elric Galad