Hello Elric,

I want to report a bug with the small shield ability " Binding block" who doesn't seem to work with your mod (only the 25% of time recover with weapons is applied, no bonus !). When I desactivate the balance polishing mod buff it works fine with the +15 accuracy bonus granted by a missed ennemy melee attack. I try to suppress the file related to this ability in the gamedata but it doesn't change anything. Thanks !

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Zahuaisready said:

Hello Elric,

I want to report a bug with the small shield ability " Binding block" who doesn't seem to work with your mod (only the 25% of time recover with weapons is applied, no bonus !). When I desactivate the balance polishing mod buff it works fine with the +15 accuracy bonus granted by a missed ennemy melee attack. I try to suppress the file related to this ability in the gamedata but it doesn't change anything. Thanks !

BPM changes to Binding block are limited to value tweaking. So it's not that. And suppressing the file so it is a second reason for not being related to this particular file.

Another BPM change could cause this effect.

But please be aware that Binding block is an active ability (modal stacks as active) so maybe it got suppressed by something else. Maybe another active ability buffing accuracy that was tweaked by BPM could suppress it ? Even in this case, it won't be technically a bug.

Edited by Elric Galad

I'm sure that there is no other active ability involved, like the rapier modal for example (I love how detailed is the combat log by the way), and I've make different test with various small shield (with Xoti alone). I've no idea why it doesn't work  but I probably missed something. Not a big deal, it's not exactly game breaking ! Thanks for your answer and your great mod.

14 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

BPM changes to Binding block are limited to value tweaking. So it's not that. And suppressing the file so it is a second reason for not being related to this particular file.

Another BPM change could cause this effect.

After some test, it seems that the +20 accuracy granted by the small shield modal works fine in the first version of your mod, until the 2.5.4 version. I found that the bonus disappeared with the introduction of the version 2.6. but I don't see why because there is nothing new that seems connected with "Binding Block" ... Neither has Xoti a perk or an item affected by the changes. I add that I have no other mod installed, community patch aside, that could interfer. Very straaaaange !

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 3:08 PM, Zahuaisready said:

After some test, it seems that the +20 accuracy granted by the small shield modal works fine in the first version of your mod, until the 2.5.4 version. I found that the bonus disappeared with the introduction of the version 2.6. but I don't see why because there is nothing new that seems connected with "Binding Block" ... Neither has Xoti a perk or an item affected by the changes. I add that I have no other mod installed, community patch aside, that could interfer. Very straaaaange !

Okay, I wasn't able to identify the root cause, so I made what could be called a "hard correct".

I just re-created a copy of the rotten part of the ability and I use it to replace the failing one.

Wael knows what happened, but at least it works now.

You can use the file before I include it in next release.

gn.binding_block.zip

Edited by Elric Galad