Elric OK I make the traduction of the phrase just in case. I finished the traduction of the file named "abilities stringtable" of the Buff folder of the BPM. SenSx should make the traduction for the others.

SenSx : OK I let you finish the work ! 😅 

Both : How can I send you the file ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zahuaisready said:

Hello SenSx. I've almost done with the first big file of the BPM (abilities.stringtable) only. Sorry I'm not very quick (I certainly need the Nimble inspiration 😉)

Do you want to do the other files, which seems far shorter? It's as you wish !

I'm currently working on the following files from the BPM:

cyclopedia

gui

itemmods

items

statuseffects

I prefered to use:

"Les capacités passives des objets augmentent en fonction du niveau" augmentent au lieu de évoluent, quel terme est mieux pour vous ?

Edited by SenSx

13 minutes ago, SenSx said:

I'm currently working on the following files from the BPM:

cyclopedia

gui

itemmods

items

statuseffects

I prefered to use:

"Les capacités passives des objets augmentent en fonction du niveau" augmentent au lieu de évoluent, quel terme est mieux pour vous ?

"s'améliorent" 🙂

That said, I suppose you're working on BPM Buffs for the moment. This is by far the biggest, but BPM Nerfs and BPM Summon Rebalance could utlimately be translated too.

"Potion Enlightenment" has been already translated into many languages.

6 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Final description for proposed Wildleech :
-0.5/3s cast time, 40 focus
- -10 to a random stat vs Will, +10 to corresponding random stat to self
- Duration 30s. Reasonable for a higher Tier than Psychovampiric Shield which at least is non-random at what it targets.
Could be included in the nerf/rework package as it is not a strict buff, especially compared to CP version.

Great change. Still a few dud results, but worst case (Resolve), you’re still gaining +5 resolve vs Psychovampiric.

If you wanted to focus it a little more, making it only body stats (might, constitution, dexterity), would make it always useful, relative to your other abilities. That might make it too strong, with a 66% chance to get Might or Constitution, in which case you could lower it to +/-8. 

Note it has also a +50% duration and -1s recovery compared to Psycho/Borrowed Instinct.

These are small details, but it adds up.

1 hour ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

If you wanted to focus it a little more, making it only body stats (might, constitution, dexterity), would make it always useful, relative to your other abilities. That might make it too strong, with a 66% chance to get Might or Constitution, in which case you could lower it to +/-8. 

This could be a nice idea, but it is further from the original.

Even this version is less well rounded than Borrowed Instinct... but it will be very interesting to cast several times in a row (preferrably on different foes, so even if you debuff twice the same stat, at least the debuff part will affect 2 targets). And if cast several times in a row, having only the physical stats leads to 1/3 then 2/3 chance of redundant buff. That's why I will stick to the original... I mean PoE1's original 🙂 !!

Edited by Elric Galad

Thanks Gallad I kept the word "s'améliorent" for the scalling like this sentence :""Les capacités passives des objets s'améliorent en fonction du niveau" 

As for just "Item scaling" I used "Ajustement d'objets" as the main game use this word for the difficulty scaling as well.

Here are the other files from the main BPM, translated into French

Thanks if any one can check those.

As you can see itemmods is the only file I did not translate.

I just don't understand what it is refering to, can't really find the proper words for it.

Can someone who knows do it please ? It is very short.

I'm now doing the translation of the nerf, summon rebalance, and potion

cyclopedia.stringtable gui.stringtable itemmods.stringtable items.stringtable statuseffects.stringtable

Edited by SenSx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ivanfyodorovich said:

Great change. Still a few dud results, but worst case (Resolve), you’re still gaining +5 resolve vs Psychovampiric.

I could even have made the bonus from Wild Leech stacking so no problem with hitting twice with the same debuff.

I suspect stacking +10 to attributes could have led to degenerated situations though...

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

Thanks Gallad I kept the word "s'améliorent" for the scalling like this sentence :""Les capacités passives des objets s'améliorent en fonction du niveau" 

As for just "Item scaling" I used "Ajustement d'objets" as the main game use this word for the difficulty scaling as well.

Here are the other files from the main BPM, translated into French

Thanks if any one can check those.

As you can see itemmods is the only file I did not translate.

I just don't understand what it is refering to, can't really find the proper words for it.

Can someone who knows do it please ? It is very short.

I'm now doing the translation of the nerf, summon rebalance, and potion

cyclopedia.stringtable 582 B · 1 download gui.stringtable 5.93 kB · 1 download itemmods.stringtable 1020 B · 1 download items.stringtable 921 B · 1 download statuseffects.stringtable 1.57 kB · 1 download

Nice, I'll look into that !

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

I could even have made the bonus from Wild Leech stacking so no problem with hitting twice with the same debuff.

I suspect stacking +10 to attributes could have led to degenerated situations though...

Yeah, stacking is too strong. Your design is the simplest and closest to original. 

I have released a 2.6.2 with minor spell tweaks, Wild Leech rework and Rejoice Comrades buff accross the board.

Deadfire Balance Polishing Mod at Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Sorry if I didn't wait to include the translation but I wanted to release something this weekend due to personal constraints. I might be unable to make new releases for a couple of weeks.

The only change to the text files is a new text for Wild Leech ability description (which is in the nerf package due to not being a strict buff from vanilla game and CP versions). So only 1 change in "abilities" file in nerf package.

• Like 1

I have a question concerning persistant distraction of the rogue in the nerf pack.

Instead of auto flanked an ennemy and applying a perception penalty, it now applies -5 on all defences and no flanked.

So that means the rogue can't auto apply 1 affliction on engaged ennemies for his sneak attacks ? 

How hard does it nerf him ?

From my understanding, he might get a better dps on an alwready flanked ennemy (because -5 on all ennemy defenses is better for me that -5 perception) but he now has weaker dps if alone, or in 1vs1, because 2 affliction conditions will be harder to reach, and he is more fragile because ennemies do not suffer the -5 precision penalty anymore.

Also what other effects in the game cause distracted now ?

Not sure to be a big fan of the fact that there are two kinds of distraction effects, the normal affliction one and the rogue persistant distraction now( which is similar to PoE 1 in fact), makes things a bit overcomplicated to me.

But that is just my opinion for now, I'm of course not asking to reverse it back just for me ^^

Also can I start playing the game with the French translation immediately ?

If updates are made to the community fix patch, and BPM pack (balance changes or just translation changes), can I update the mod and continue to play my current game or do I need to restart a new game from scratch ?

I can't wait to start a new game with all of these :)

But I think I will only use the Community patch, the BPM, summon rebalance and new potion.

I'm really not sure about the nerf pack.

There are things I like into it, and others not so much, and I'm worried it could over complexify some rules.

Thanks

Edited by SenSx

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

I have a question concerning persistant distraction of the rogue in the nerf pack.

Instead of auto flanked an ennemy and applying a perception penalty, it now applies -5 on all defences and no flanked.

So that means the rogue can't auto apply 1 affliction on engaged ennemies for his sneak attacks ? 

It was actually 2 affliction since Distracted applied Flanked. 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

How hard does it nerf him ?

It is not a strict nerf. In many cases it will be even better. When facing a Per affliction resistant foe or when a Per affliction is already applied. 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

From my understanding, he might get a better dps on an alwready flanked ennemy (because -5 on all ennemy defenses is better for me that -5 perception) but he now has weaker dps if alone, or in 1vs1, because 2 affliction conditions will be harder to reach, and he is more fragile because ennemies do not suffer the -5 precision penalty anymore.

Also what other effects in the game cause distracted now ?

Plenty, that's the deal. In Rogue ability tree, there are 2 other sources of Distracted and 1 sources of blind. Vanilla game made all these abilities kind of redundant hence the nerf. 

The nerf is meant to make the class more interesting. Try it. 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

Not sure to be a big fan of the fact that there are two kinds of distraction effects, the normal affliction one and the rogue persistant distraction now( which is similar to PoE 1 in fact), makes things a bit overcomplicated to me.

3 actually, with tier 9 ranger ability distraction training. But I'm not the one that introduced it. 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

But that is just my opinion for now, I'm of course not asking to reverse it back just for me ^^

Also can I start playing the game with the French translation immediately ?

Yes. Only Wild Leech will have a weird text. 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

If updates are made to the community fix patch, and BPM pack (balance changes or just translation changes), can I update the mod and continue to play my current game or do I need to restart a new game from scratch ?

I can't wait to start a new game with all of these :)

Mostly Yes. Some passive abilities might need a respec to work properly. Class and subclass permament passives might need a console command. 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

But I think I will only use the Community patch, the BPM, summon rebalance and new potion.

I'm really not sure about the nerf pack.

There are things I like into it, and others not so much, and I'm worried it could over complexify some rules.

Thanks

Mostly it changes rules, it does not overcomplexify many things. 

Currently I'm playing with 3 of the most nerfed subclasses (Tactician, Blood mage and Troubadour) and they all work quite fine. Blood mage is still the super swiss army knife it is supposed to be. 

Edit : also the game should be overall smoother. You don't have to worry about picking wrong ability, wrong race or wrong subclass, having summons that suddenly drop in efficiency at high level and a lots of very obscure mechanics have been removed (such Gambit not giving you Guile back if you graze the first roll of a multi hit weapon, or Clear Out requiring 2 fortitude rolls to actually hit a target).

There are also bug corrections and display corrections. So things are more likely to do what they say. 

And if you don't use the nerf package, the game is going to be easier. 

Basically everything is meant to be made for smooth build variety. 

Edited by Elric Galad

For the ranger this is actually not distraction but diversion.

I have always thought vanilla persistant distraction only counted as 1 affliction, that flanked was part of it and wasn't 2 affliction.

Does the new persistant distraction counts as 1 affliction for sneak attack ? 

Or just 0, and you has to use your other afflictions attack/spells and flank yourself alwready ennemies alwready engaged by companions ?

It could be a huge nerf if so, but on the other hand it also means vanilla rogue with persistant distraction had very generous Deathblow conditions, basically just engaging an ennemy meant Deathblow damage (2 affliction conditions), which is a bit braindead and not interesting, you don't have to be tactical...but without it, is rogue still good compare to other more straightforward dps class ?

The BPM french translation is almost finished.

I have completed the main pack (except for ability file that Zahua did), the nerf pack, and the summon pack, (potion pack was alwready translated).

I'll just check everything later today and upload everything for your personnal checks.

Haven't added the new Leech change of the latest nerf pack update, I'll look into it.

Edited by SenSx

2 hours ago, SenSx said:

Does the new persistant distraction counts as 1 affliction for sneak attack ? 

Or just 0, and you has to use your other afflictions attack/spells and flank yourself alwready ennemies alwready engaged by companions ?

It counts as 0 now.

2 hours ago, SenSx said:

It could be a huge nerf if so, but on the other hand it also means vanilla rogue with persistant distraction had very generous Deathblow conditions, basically just engaging an ennemy meant Deathblow damage (2 affliction conditions), which is a bit braindead and not interesting, you don't have to be tactical...but without it, is rogue still good compare to other more straightforward dps class ?

It counted as 2 for Deathblows, and this is considered by many to be an oversight on the part of the designers, or at least not well considered. 

Rogue gets a ton of buffs in BPM to its other active abilities, some are pretty OP (Strike the Bell upgrade). The nerf to PD makes the class play much more like intended and much more tactical. 

Definitely stronger class w BPM, just less one note song. 

• Like 2

Yes I really agree now.

I never cared for most of the Rogue abilities in vanilla game, and pure rogue was never an option for me, just a straight weaker character.

But I still plan to make a Trickster/Soulblade, do you think it will still be good without the buffed rogue abilities (I won't have enough points for that).

I however don't understand now the sneak attack damage that deals a trickster.

In vanilla he deals 20% sneak attack damage instead of 30% for a regular rogue.

With BPM a trickster deals 10%, but what about Deathblows sneak attack ? Does he deal 30% instead of 50% if 2 affliction conditions are met ?

Edited by SenSx

25 minutes ago, SenSx said:

Yes I really agree now.

I never cared for most of the Rogue abilities in vanilla game, and pure rogue was never an option for me, just a straight weaker character.

But I still plan to make a Trickster/Soulblade, do you think it will still be good without the buffed rogue abilities (I won't have enough points for that).

I however don't understand now the sneak attack damage that deals a trickster.

In vanilla he deals 20% sneak attack damage instead of 30% for a regular rogue.

With BPM a trickster deals 10%, but what about Deathblows sneak attack ? Does he deal 30% instead of 50% if 2 affliction conditions are met ?

Rogues get 25% sneak attack +5% per PL. 

BPM Trickster get 5% sneak attack +5% per PL. 

Both get an ADDITIONAL 50% with Death low. 

So BPM Trickster starts a bit low but ultimately does comparable bonus damages, while getting 1 additional free ability per Tier. Still very strong IMHO. 

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SenSx said:

Ok thanks, seems fair to me.

I'm currently checking Zahua translation before uploading everything.

Cool. I hope I didn't add you too much work ! 

You can find my notes about your own files in the " Community Patch mod" section.

Here is the latest version of the BPM  (with the new Leech change) translated in french

Buff pack french translation:

Itemmods is not translated, could not find the proper translation, please help 😥 (it's very short)

abilities.stringtable cyclopedia.stringtable gui.stringtable itemmods.stringtable items.stringtable statuseffects.stringtable

Edited by SenSx
  • Thanks 1

Nerf pack french translation:

Could not translate line 49:

"Beseeches the gods for more time, halving the elapsing speed of all beneficial effects (except itself) on allies in the area during the duration of the effect."

Below is the vanilla translation:

"Implore les dieux d'accorder davantage de temps, ce qui prolonge tous les effets bénéfiques sur les alliés présents dans la zone d'effet."

- I just don't understand the new changes.

I even red the description of this change for Salvation of Time on the BPM mod page on nexus...I still don't undersand 😅

- Also I don't understand this change:

<ID>31139</ID>
      <DefaultText>Dramatically increases damage done from Stealth or Invisibility. Bonus is doubled against targets that are only Hurt or Above. The rogue may use melee or ranged weapons but must be within 2m of the target.</DefaultText>

The rogue deals more damage on enemies that are Hurt or in a better shape ?

Isn't it a mistake, and more damage on ennemies hurt or below / in a worse shape ?

abilities.stringtable cyclopedia.stringtable gui.stringtable statuseffects.stringtable

Edited by SenSx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Summon rebalance pack french translation:

abilities: partially translated, could not find the proper translation for some words, please help 😥 (it's very short)

items.stringtable: partially translated, could not find the proper translation for the only two entries, please help 😥 (it's very short)

abilities.stringtable items.stringtable

Edited by SenSx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a question:

Does the new rogue persistant distraction effect that lowers all defenses of the target stacks with other abilities that lower specific defenses, for exemple does it stack with Miasma of Dull-Mindedness, as it is an affliction that targets specific attributes, whereas Persistant Distraction is an All defenses kind of afflication ?

SenSx, j'ai relevé une petite coquille dans le BPM buffs, abilities.stringtable, ligne 529 : " ce qui accord un plus grand bonus", il y a un "e" à rajouter.

Sinon j'ai jeté un oeil directement dans le jeu après avoir installé tes fichiers et ça a l'air de marcher nickel. 

Concernant les fichiers des objets et autres curiosités je pense qu'Eldric pourra aisément retrouver de quoi il s'agit et faire la traduction, d'autant que cela représente en effet très peu de choses comme tu le soulignes. Encore bravo pour ton boulot, tu vas faire des heureux !🥳

• Like 2

Thank you for your work, I will look into that, it's juste that I won't be able to do it for a couple of weeks? 

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

- Also I don't understand this change:

<ID>31139</ID>
      <DefaultText>Dramatically increases damage done from Stealth or Invisibility. Bonus is doubled against targets that are only Hurt or Above. The rogue may use melee or ranged weapons but must be within 2m of the target.</DefaultText>

The rogue deals more damage on enemies that are Hurt or in a better shape ?

Isn't it a mistake, and more damage on ennemies hurt or below / in a worse shape ?

Not, it's not. BPM Backstab works better on target that "haven't yet be caught into the heat of battle".

It's not even an "original design"

Unsuspecting Strike - Guild Wars Wiki (GWW) 

Basically, it incitates to engage against a specific target with a strike from the shadows. And when the health is low, then it's time for Finishing Blow line. It encourages combos more than using always the same attack.

BPM backstab is not a strict buff :

- At low level, about same damages as before against >50% targets

- At low level, about twice less damages than before against <50% targets

- At high level, about twice more damages than before against >50% targets

- At low level, about same damages as before against <50% targets

- Works with both attacks from a full attack, instead of working only on the first (backstab effect persists 1 fixed second after invisibility) 

Overall, it feels stronger but slightly more tactical to use.

1 hour ago, SenSx said:

I have a question:

Does the new rogue persistant distraction effect that lowers all defenses of the target stacks with other abilities that lower specific defenses, for exemple does it stack with Miasma of Dull-Mindedness, as it is an affliction that targets specific attributes, whereas Persistant Distraction is an All defenses kind of afflication ?

Yes, it is a passive, the -5 stacks with everything.

Miasma of Dull-Mindness targets PER, INT, RES. It would have stacked anyway. But

BPM Persistant Distraction would have not stacked with Shining Beacon if it wasn't a passive.

• Like 1