Ah I see we just use the same values as weapons get with each enchantment level.  Yes I can send you over data from a shield I created but  I guess what I am seeing is Best Defense a small shield / legendary is base damage 7 - 10 while Magrans is  medium /  exceptional shield is 11 - 15 base damage before the % increase from enchantment level ,  yes it does get the % increase from enchantment but the base values between Magran and Best defense are different and I am looking for a what to set on each shield I create , small, medium or large that makes sense since the value is not constant.

Edited by coralzombie

the base values between Magran and Best defense are different and I am looking for a what to set on each shield I create , small, medium or large that makes sense since the value is not constant.

Aaaah my bad, I misunderstood what you were asking about. 😅

Edited by Noqn

The principles I used for my mod :

- Base damages shall not depend on quality. As for weapons, Quality has an effect on +% Additive damage (+15, +30 +45, +60, +75%) not base damages.

- Shield size shall not change DPS. Shield Size allow to trade Accuracy (applied to everything, shield bash, other weapon attack spells, etc...) for Deflection. Accuracy usually worth more than Deflection, but one may want more Deflection on a tank. 
That's why, in my mod, I set both shield to 7-10 damages, 7 PEN with dual type of damages. You may consider 1 more PEN for single type of damages. that's why I lowered Magran's Blessing base damages (but overall, the shield is better, because previous PEN wasn't good enough to do anything).

This "magical" number is based on the same reduction factor from average speed weapon than Tuotilio's applies compared to fist damages.
You may consider a Higher Damage per Attack for Larger Shield, but with similar DPS (so you'll have to reduce attack speed).

So short answer : I would use 7-10 base damages, 7 base PEN, 4s base recovery, with dual type of damages for all you shields.

• Thanks 1