Suggested Game Ideas From Fans

On 6/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, Silver0PK0Power said:

Hello Grounded Devs, my suggestion is...

Can we make the "Arachnophobia Mode" be more customizable?

I mean what's already there is good, but I feel it kinda ruins some aspects of dealing with them. Reducing them to orbs is helpful, but it also makes fighting them a little more harder. Y'see, I like to play the game in 3red person, because I like being able to see from many angles at once. (good for spotting spiders from a distance) But when I reduce them to orbs, it makes finding them a little tougher. I like to use the legs at an indication on their movement patterns, but because they are orbs, I'm a little less accurate on my attacks. I tries the other settings, but they were still kinda scary.

I suggest adding more options to the timid players to allow them to alter parts of the spider to their liking.

Let's say someone don't the head on the spider, you can toggle that off and just have the body and legs.

Or (what I prefer) Is fine with everything else, but the eyes, you can either edit the to look like stage 5 Arachnophobia Mode to where it's just the 2 pairs of eyes, while keeping the legs and fangs.

I think giving players more options to tweak a spiders appearance would a huge improvement for Arachnophobia Mode.

It would freak me out more to see just legs and fangs chasing me 😂 

Just eyes and legs would be kinda funny.    With an eye enlarging option 😆 

I have never modified the spiders, I thought it would make them less noticeable removing parts making it easier for them to sneak up on you.  

I've got a lot of out there ideas I would love to see in grounded for yall.

• Snails - Scarcely spawning insects that you have to kill with a tier 2 hammer. they would drop snail slime, snail meat, and snail shell shards. You could use snail slime in combination with grub goop to create slime traps and slime bombs. Slime traps would completely trap smaller insects and simply slow down larger insects. They can be placed on walls, on the floor, or even upside down. Slime bombs would be balls of slime wrapped in clover leaves that you can throw on any surface to create a slimy splat that would have the same effect as slime traps. You could use snail shell shard with clay to create unfired pottery items like vases, statues/sculptures, or big bowls that you can store multiple smoothies of the same kind inside. You would have to use the oven to fire them though. I also thought of using snail shell shards to make shell boomerangs, that you can throw at enemies, coming back to you after. You can also make them poisonous using spider venom. Maybe even a snail shell shield, idk.
  • Crawfish - Crawfish would spawn crawling at the bottom of the pond that would be pretty hard to kill. They would drop crawfish claws and crawfish chunks. You can use crawfish chunks to create crawfish armor, the helmet and leggings being combined with the flippers and the breathing thing, giving you their abilities while still having armor. each piece of armor you where would also increase your swimming speed. You could use the crawfish claws with spider silk to create a grappling claw that you could throw at insects like a grappling hook. You can then pull on the spider silk rope, pulling smaller insects towards you, and pulling yourself towards larger insects. The crawfish chest plate would increase your grappling power. 
  • Flies that would spawn around the large human foods (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • A mortar and pestle that could make jelly out of berries and acorn butter out of acorn chunks. Use cookie chunks as "bread" and you can create an AB&J that would give you a speed boost, and be very filling. You could also make apple butter or apple jam out of apple chunks. Maybe use it to make ground meat (Not sure of the uses here, could use some help) (Could use more ideas on this one).
  • Ladybugs could drop very filling ladybug steaks.
  • A rhinoceros beetle boss (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • A bat that swoops down from the sky and grab bugs or even you at night (Could use more ideas on this one).
  • A cart that you can fill with a bunch of planks and get it pulled by a ladybug (Could use more ideas on this one).
  • A fire pit area where you can find melty marshmallow goop that you scoop up with a shovel (Not sure of the use here, could use some help), graham cracker and chocolate chunks, as well as ash you can scoop up with a shovel. You would climb inside on a marshmallow prong stick thing or a guitar/banjo that's propped up against the fire pit (Not sure of the uses here, could use some help) (Could use more ideas on this one). 
  • Frog or Toad boss,  you would use its tongue covered in spikes as a long ranged flail weapon. Maybe as an almost grappling hook, minus the hook, or the grappling. It probably wouldn't be both though (Could use more ideas on this one).
  • Poseable mannequins/armor stands (Forgot what their called).
  •  Stick bugs (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • Leaf bugs (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • Centipedes/millipedes (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • Earwigs (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • A bean garden area. Alternatively a pepper garden area (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • Silkworms (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • Dung beetles (Not sure of the use here, could use some help).
  • Dry grass roofs.
  • Aphid coops/pens where you can collect aphid honeydew easily.
  • Big bowls/basins you can put under the straws of juice to collect it.
  • Drinking soda gives you a small speed boost.
  • Brighter wall mounted torches or other fiery light sources made of charcoal.
  • Berry leather backpacks.
  • Berry leather couches, like the chairs, but bigger.

Feedback and ideas to build onto mine very welcome, goodbye.

• Like 1

As of right now I played my fair share of Grounded since it's release and every time an update is made I restart a fresh new game every time to see how the update has changed the growth. From what I've learned its easy enough to get Tier 1 items, REALLY hard to get Tier 2 items and a breeze to get Tier 3 items. Since I'm not a club kind of guy, the first Tier 2 weapon I can get is ether the spear, the axe, the dagger or the mosquito sword which means pretty hard insect pieces to get. I end up most of the time killing Wolf spiders with the Tier 1 spear and a good amount of smoothies. I was wondering if it would be possible to give some extra effects to Weapon mutations to help us get to Tier 2 items.

For exemple:

• Javelineer
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus 10% more attack speed with spear type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus 25% more attack speed and 40% more attack speed under water with spear type weapons
  • Assassin
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus stun ability with dagger type weapons
    • lvl 3 35% extra damage plus stun ability and permanent poison when striking with dagger type weapons (Poison effect stack up with poison effect from gear like spider fang dagger)
  • Chopper
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus reduced stamina needed from strikes by 10% with axe type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus reduced stamina needed from strikes by 20% and continuous striking with axe type weapons (Like spear and daggers)
  • Barbarian
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus damage received when blocking reduced by 40% with club type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus damage received when blocking reduced by 75% with club type weapons
  • Smasher
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage plus 15% more attack speed with hammer type weapons
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus 25% more attack speed and drop insects defense by 15% with hammer type weapons (By cracking their shells)
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus 35% more attack speed and drop insects defense by 40% with hammer type weapons (By cracking their shells)
  • Sharpshooter
    • lvl 1 10% extra damage
    • lvl 2 20% extra damage plus 10% more attack speed with ranged type weapons
    • lvl 3 30% extra damage plus 10% more attack speed and first hit on enemies stun them for 3 seconds with ranged type weapons

I think it would gives the player more strategies when choosing a weapon class. I also think with those new effects it would be not only easier to get to Tier 2 but also would give more value to even Tier 1 weapon with a bit of grinding.

Edited by Tommylas
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have been playing this game from when it first came out and there has been a lot of changes made to this game it is more interesting and more hard which is a good thing in my opinion, and I was wondering if there could be a snake boss. There would be a big snake boss and there’s medium sized snakes and there’s little snakes near where the big snake lives which would be located near the shed considering there’s nothing around that area. The mid size snake would be located near the house and what happens when you get near the mid sized snake’s baby eggs, the snake will attack you. Once you defeat the mid sized snake, the babies will hatch and start to attack you. 

The effects that you will get from battling the snake are when you’re bitten, you’re poisoned and you take 30% damage. When they spit their venom at you, you lose your sight of vision for 1 second and when you have killed the snake the baby’s would start to hatch. The baby snakes will spit venom at you and you will take 1% damage and it takes your vision away for 0.5 seconds. When you fight the boss snake the effect you get from an attack from it are poisoning and bleeding. And the snake boss also spits venom but it takes your vision for 4 seconds. 

The materials you get from the medium sized snakes are snake scales and snake venow and a tooth . For the baby’s you get scales. For the boss you get a snake tooth, ultra snake venom and big snake scale. What the snake venom would do is that you can put poison on arrows. 

The snake scale would be a type of armour that boosts your abilities by a little. The helmet gives better vision by 0.6% and the chest plate would boost your melee damage by 0.5%. The lower part of the armour would increase your speed by 0.4%. How to craft the armour for the helmet you would need 4 scales 6 crude rope and 2 berry leather. For the chest plate you need 8 scales 3 silk rope and 1 berry leather and for the lower part and you need 2 scales 3 berry leather and 4 crude rope. 

The weapons you can make from a mid-sized snake is a snake dagger. It is a fast type of weapon and it makes enemies bleed it is quite helpful when in battle because it does 0.3% more damage then a poisoned weapon and it also works underwater. The materials you need to make the weapon is 6 scales 2 venom 3 crude rope and a snake tooth. The weapon you can make with the snake boss is the snake slicer and what it does is it stuns and poisons enemies. It is a decently fast weapon but it takes 30% of your stamina each swing. To make it you need the fang of the boss snake, 2 ultra venom and 4 silk rope. 

How you spawn the snake boss is you need 6 grub meat, 4 lady bug parts and 2 snake’s teeth to make the snake food for it to spawn.  

Just saying bats wouldn't work. You are way to small. They could add them as a theme but since you roughly the size of soldier ant and when crawling on all fours you just wouldn't be worth the time. Your around .76 cm. 

Bow if they include aerial combat like you riding a moth, bee or ladybug it could be interesting to fire arrows at one to make a bat to back of but in the end they would be immortal as their is nothing you an do at your size

If you see light at the end of the tunnel get out of the road!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A 3D compass not only so u don't have to spam the map every ten seconds but so you can tell up and down when in deep dark tiny underwater caves. The thing on our wrist could have one or if you guys added a metal shaving could make one out of acorn, dew drop and clover or something

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well this idea came from a dream and thought it would be cool cause we have 9 levels and in the dream I could add various insect parts on my weapons it didn't increase the attack damage to it but added there abilities like on it I added 3 spider parts to increase the attack speed 2 bee parts for critical hit chance 2 mosquito beaks for life steal 2 rolly polly shells for durability. These could even apply to armor like spider parts making you run faster.

Another thing is adding a rat not as a hostile creature but just appear once every few days and it drop its fur to make a luxury bed just for more decorations 

Universal Weapon and Armor Kit
Considering that the character's inventory has a low amount of slots, a stackable repair kit would be of great use. It is possible that you want to keep the mechanics of specific insect parts for repair, in which case maybe the kit could only repair a percentage of the item, requiring the parts from the original recipe for the complete repair. Anyway, I see this feature as a boost as you explore a lab or are several inches from your base.

Note: Maybe this is on purpose, but I really felt that item wear needs a slight adjustment. Even with high items in metallurgy, I still have the feeling that repair is something very constant in everyday life.

Vertical lifts with pulley system
When playing multiplayer, you clearly notice game crashes, depending on several factors, such as the internet connection, distance and the computing power of the host machine (server). However, crashes are even more frequent when you are close to buildings, especially those that used a lot of structural items. Although the zipline is a great option to walk around the garden, a high support point is necessary, generating in many cases the need to create high towers to serve as a starting point. These towers generate an even greater computational effort, and consequently more crashes in multiplayer.

My suggestion is based on elevators, totally possible in the atmosphere of the game, since they would use the pulley system. They could obey the game's Tiers (I, II and III), requiring equivalent materials in the making, and on the other hand, they would offer the benefit of traveling greater distances depending on their Tier (for example).

This would eliminate the need to build tall towers, removing the number of building blocks in the garden and consequently the crashes in multiplayer.

System: Detach Character
My character getting stuck while I'm exploring the garden is commonplace for me. I always end up stuck in a crack. I think creating a "Detach Character" option in my game debug mine would be fantastic. It could follow the same patterns as the other options, applying a cooldown for a new use.

• Like 1

• Hide helmet option

Maybe toggle by on the inventory menu, or right clicking on the helm you want to hide.

• Container Defrag

Same as the inventory defrag tool, but for containers. When I bought extra stack size with the super molar I had to manually adjust all the stacks in all my chests.

• Smart Craft for buildings

I'm calling "smart craft" the ability to scan for nearby containers for the ingredients. That is an amazing feat of this game, but unfortunately it doesn't happen when you are building, maybe it can be exploited? I don't know, I can't imagine how. I do agree that huge materials, like Grass and Weed Stalks should still be carried manually, but the inventory types could be moved automatically.

• More HotPounch slots

I don't see why we can't get quickslots up to 9, 0 even - and =.

• Raw Science for building things for the first time

Getting purple bubbles in the world for RS is pretty "Arcade-ish '', but I can live with it. I just wish we gain RS for building things for the first time, that would give us reason to build non-essential items like decoration.

• Give preference to the most used item

For instance, I have 2 torches, one is almost done, another is half way, the game seems to always prefer to equip the fuller one, and that is annoying since the used ones always flood my inventory. Burn the used ones first, so I can keep adding new torches, even with some burned ones.

• 2 weeks later...

heres a list of suggestions and ideas i have for grounded how bout these?

1: you can tame a black ox beetle with the recipe of a new item called vegetation stew, crafted in the workbench with 10 wood slurry, (grinded with a splinter with a grinder) and 5 lant slurry, also tame a bee with honey slurry crafted with nectar, pollen and flower slurry, grinded with flower pedals.

2: there are the passive bug moths that are asleep in the day in the shady areas and will fly away when attack, and the new hostile bugs: the stag beetles near a different oak tree somewhere next to the in construction area near the grill area.

3: with silk ropes, 4 splinter parts and 10 termite carapace, you can create saddles for the black ox beetle and bees to ride on, but if you die riding with the bug, the bug would also die. 

4: you can create the tier 3 beetle shield with the black ox beetle part, the stag beetle part from the stag beetle, and the pupa leather

5: you can make stag helmet, armor and leggings with the stag beetle parts, head and pupa leather

6: stag beetles can have a chance to drop a stag head and could make the tier 3 stag duo blades

7: moths drop moth tuff to create stuffed moth and the scarf and can also drop moth wings and with silk ropes, can make the glider, which can have more duration than the dandelion tuft.

8: 2 new boss idea: the ant queen at the ant hill near the other oak tree where the stag beetles are, and will drop plenty ant eggs for bombs, queen ant head and mandibles for the queen ant armor, and the rhinoceros beetle found in the large, open part in the trench area and can yeet you, giving you fall damage and will drop the rhinoceros beetle head and beetle parts to create the tier 3 beetle armor and with the rhinoceros beetle head, can create the rhinoceros hammer.

Edited by Joelkubinfinite

I love this new faction idea but i think it could be taken a bit farther. my idea is that you add an allied status where you bring food too the ant hill for example, you gain a trusted status and than friendly where the said bug you become friends with will help you in combat when they are nearby. For spider lovers such as myself, have spiders default status be (you are food). But once you have killed 50 orbs, 15 wolfs, and the broodmother. Than you get the choice to ally with the spiders. If you say no status becomes annoyed at all times, so you get spider raids every few days. But if you say yes status changes to respected all spiders stop attacking you, But you also get the distrusted status from every other bug, Locking you out of friendly actions with all bugs except spiders. I have more for the spiders. If you bring meat from other bugs to spiders around the yard, or for a boost in status gain bring it to the broodmother. you will eventually gain the (king/queen of spiders) status and get a jr jr wolf spider pet that does like 5 damage in combat but applies poison that stacks with your own poison. 

Edited by tygabox788
Missed some key text

1. Mounts (if possible)

2. Quick transportation (Alternative to Ziplines). Butterflies that carry you from Point A to Point B. 

3. Teens have a single, different ability/trait. Examples; (just ideas for wanting variety) 

A. Hoops can run faster or slightly more stamina

B. Willow Gathers 1 more item, such as food, clovers, acorn shells, etc. 

C. Max hits harder or has higher defense

D. Peter gains slightly more Science 

4. Bug Guts used for Tribal Paint, War Paint, changing colors of base items

5. A handful of decorations. Charcoal lamps, couch, bunkbeds, flower vase, rugs, etc. 

6. Attack Pets/taming insects feature

I have an Idea for unarmed combat I feel like allot of work has been put into it but its a little underwhelming in its current state.

1. Add a block feature (you could just use the dagger block animation without the dagger) have it work with lil fist perk at tier 1: unarmed block negates 25% damage and unlocks unarmed perfect parry, tier 2: 50% negation, and tier 3: 75% negation.

2. Lil fist could use a boost the current state with the random chance is very unforgiving I feel like I am never seeing the damage boost even after long fights maybe boost the random chance or make it a set damage boost like tier 1: 25%, tier 2: 75%, level 3: 115%

3. Add tiers to Truffle Tussle! tier 1: current state, tier 2: explosion happens every 10th punch, tier 3: explosion happens every 3rd punch. Lock tier 2: behind 200 unarmed kills with Truffle Tussle equipped and tier 3: locked behind 500 kills with Tussle equipped.

I was thinking for a alternative idea for unarmed blocking you could do like fist weapons. tier 1 would be acorn fists, tier 2 would be black ant mandible claws, And tiers 3 rolly polly Knuckles!

I would also like to see buffs to all armor set if I take the time to level tier 1 or tier 2 armor to level nine it should perform to at least close to tier 3 armor considering that the upgrades are locked behind tier 2 and tier 3 areas 

Edited by tygabox788
Trimming

• 1 month later...

So imagine a place called “The Overgrowth”

basically a place at the corner of the map maybe even an extension of it, the floor is mainly covered in fallen dry grass while the overgrown part would be green weed stems, this place would be home to jumping spiders, ants, and possibly snails, snails could be a cool addition with a salt weakness and 4 tier health bar. The main thing with the overgrowth is that there’s a series of hidden areas under the dry grass, my fiancée was telling me that a funny thing if this ever got used was to have a rat totem hidden somewhere bc I’m RyanTheRatMan, similar to the hidden ant totems in the hedge.

Couldn't you be able to make different camouflage clothes? I think here of leaves, different herbs ... for example, you would hide your body heat from mosquitoes and they would not attack ... :)

Couldn't you be able to make different camouflage clothes? I think here of leaves, different herbs ... for example, you would hide your body heat from mosquitoes and they would not attack ... :)