[PS4/Xbox] general discussion

There's no console specific topic yet, correct me if I am wrong, so I thought about starting one, to collect tips and other bits specific to the console versions.
I'll be updating this startpost with relevant information from posts in this topic...

To start of myself, a very basic question about the combat; I opted for the RTwP option. Still a bit uneasy at playing a game like this on console. I'm wondering, if I attack someone, will it keep auto attacking with a standard attack if I do not select a specific ability, or do I need to keep clicking attack ?

If you attack, it will auto attack  until you give a different order.

If you use a ability then your character will auto attack the same enemy after that.

If you press R2 and go onto the "brain icon" you can turn ai on.

You can create custom ai's for every character 

2 hours ago, chrch2 said:

Sometimes there are small icons on the right side of the character icons. Is somewhere a list of what these means? Is these the injury list?

Those  should be your buffs, debuffs etc. You can watch their effects by pressing R2. They will appear top left with an explanation 

• Thanks 1

In the battle menu for charters ability's I do not see any details about the ability's or there names so I can not figure out how to use the ability's and when to use the in battle .  I wish I had the option of turning the sea shanty's volume much higher  . I like listening  to the  sea shanty's but  I can barley hear them on this game becouse they are so low but everything else is the game is loud hopefully they will add a patch to fix this and add the option in menu to adjust the loudness of the sea shanty's   to become much higher . by the way I play this on xbox one . 

Can't help you on xbox but when you open your combat menu(the menu where you choose which ability to use), go over a ability and press the upper button on your controller, would be triangle on ps4. The there should appear a description what the skill does. 

For an exactly description with dmgnumbers and which defense gets attacked you have to look it up in the skill tree by pressing the same button, triangle on ps4.

Hope I could help 

Edit: try Y button for descriptions 

Edited by Dyxx

Not really a console specific question, but is there somewhere I can store items safely?

Currently the game crashes (standard ps4, physical copy) everytime I try to enchant something and I vaguely recall this being an issue in the first game's console port too,

but emptying one's inventory was a temporary solution there. Maybe it will work in this one too, but first I need to know a place to put excess gear.

"Let's drop the moral posturing, shall we? We both know there's no altruism in this pursuit.
Your reckless indignation led you here - I
counted on it.
There's no
shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough.
At least it's honest.
Hate me, but do it honestly." - Kain, Scion of Balance