New interview posted at ValhallaGamers.com

I don't know the system that the Sith used at that time, but there sure were a lot more apprentices then masters on the Star Forge. I do know that more than one Jedi was Yoda's apprentice. Still, that's Yoda, and I'm not sure if they were all apprentices to Yoda at once.

My guess is that lots of force sensitive individuals are taught by multiple masters at the same time. Those who show more potential than the others (DS), or appear to require additional guidance/are of interest (LS), are taken up as apprentices to a single master.

I don't consider anything shown by KOTOR1 to be canon or even canon with the same video game series. The reason there were more apprentices was just because of balance with the player character. A full Sith should be a challenge to the PC, not a run of the mill villain that you attack multiple of at the same time. There was never an explanation given in game so who can say.

KOTOR is canon. It can be trumped but until something does, (like a movie) Lucasarts says it is canon.

I can say.

Fully trained Sith should be a challenge it is just that KOTOR was easy. And all combat with everything/everyone was easy. There are a bunch of Jedi and Sith and apprentices because in the OLD Republic this was the case. In the movies the Jedi have seriously declined in power.

True. I'd have to read the EU material of this time period to see what was the case back then. I have no idea if Obsidian is following EU canon here but I suspect they are.

Since Chris said he read every single EU source there is (basically) I'd say that's pretty good evidence they are.

Guest Michael Chu
True.  I'd have to read the EU material of this time period to see what was the case back then.  I have no idea if Obsidian is following EU canon here but I suspect they are.

Absolutely, we're all very familiar with this particular period of Star Wars history, as Chris mentioned, he's (amazingly) read every bit of Star Wars EU that's out there, and we all have an awareness for what has come before.

Guest Michael Chu
Any chance of seeing a small easter-egg reference to the classic Star Wars fan-films like Hardware Wars, George Lucas in Love, or Troops?

What's the fun of an Easter Egg if you already know it's there? :p

After years of being a comic book fan I'm of the opinion that franchise continuity should never get in the way of a good story.

I've always been of the opinion that you can respect continuity AND tell a good story. It's a sign of a not good writer if he deliberately ignores prior continuity to tell his story.

Comics are a medium where it's standard for a new team to start over continuity-wise.

Different people have different takes, and people accept that. Fans in other genres insist on nit-picking continuity all day.

I like lengthy stories where characters become very fleshed out, and consistency in characters is nice, but I'm not going to blow an artery because continuity isn't upheld. It's a real big deal, then I'll stop throwing money at it, and find something else to entertain myself with.

I'm glad there are bad writers in comic books then because I'm not interested in Lex Luthor as a bank robber or Catwoman as an ex-hooker.

Well I admit I don't read comics anymore but I recall DC Comics restarted their continuity twice. I don't recall if either of those two examples was true in the latest post crisis one. And in answer to either of those two examples, they just don't need to be referenced. Doesn't mean they didn't happen but you don't need to reference it either so you don't contradict it. Like any other form of media, you can show the characters evolved.

I'm not certain what comics you read but I've always found comics to be quite continuity intensive. Writers often go through elaborate, ill thought out explanations to change some aspect of a character, or their equipment, or their setting. The problem is that it's difficult to remember 60 + years of history and what is or isn't supposed to be. Errors are made, then 'patched', and then more errors are made. Eventually, you have something like Crisis on Infinite Earths or Zero Hour that's supposed to give people a blank slate but that seems to cause just as many problems.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

This really gets me.

I haven't spent a whole lot of money of comics. In fact, next to none. I don't have anything against the medium, but I dated a would-be comic artist for about 18 months, and she spent boat-loads on comics. She used to tell me about every major plotline she ever read.

I got interested in many of the characters, but didn't feel the need to spend $70-$80 a month on comics (that was her usual amount).

When some of these comic-book-based movies started appearing, I heard complaints left and right about changes from the original books.

Spidey was bit by a radioactive spider, not a genetically altered spider, etc. For one, I think any medium being adapted to another medium requires changes. And for another thing, comics themselves change continuity themselves, so there isn't a 100% definititive continuity to stick to.