I've been playing now for several hours, died a few times, and am enjoying the game, learning the skills/perks/etc. Only two issues I noticed both deal with stealth.

1. Not sure when I am hidden. Am I missing an indicator or something on the HUD? When I'm in tall grass it fades so I can see through it. But it's also tough to know when I reach or PASS the edge of that grass and am now visible.

2. I kill a mob. The noise aggros a mob on the other side of a solid building/wall/etc. I run into tall grass and hide, or around another corner and hide. The aggro'd mob somehow knows right where I am eventhough they never saw me. I got killed off by a guy with a light machine gun because I though I was crouched hiding the grass after blowing the head of his buddy. He (and a third mob) come around the corner and mow me and the grass down. If that's an intended mechanic I'll adapt, just was surprised they knew exactly where I was without ever seeing me in the first place.

Anyway, breaks over. Back to hunting marauders.

When you see an enemy there is a diamond shape over their head, when they begin to hear/sense you it becomes longer and turns red.  As far as I can tell this is how you judge if you are hidden or not.  So far I have not regained a hidden state once the enemy has gone into found you mode, I am wearing heavier armor though that gives a stealth penalty so can't say if it is possible with the right build at a high skill level.

3 hours ago, ImmerFertig said:

I've been playing now for several hours, died a few times, and am enjoying the game, learning the skills/perks/etc. Only two issues I noticed both deal with stealth.

1. Not sure when I am hidden. Am I missing an indicator or something on the HUD? When I'm in tall grass it fades so I can see through it. But it's also tough to know when I reach or PASS the edge of that grass and am now visible.

2. I kill a mob. The noise aggros a mob on the other side of a solid building/wall/etc. I run into tall grass and hide, or around another corner and hide. The aggro'd mob somehow knows right where I am eventhough they never saw me. I got killed off by a guy with a light machine gun because I though I was crouched hiding the grass after blowing the head of his buddy. He (and a third mob) come around the corner and mow me and the grass down. If that's an intended mechanic I'll adapt, just was surprised they knew exactly where I was without ever seeing me in the first place.

Anyway, breaks over. Back to hunting marauders.

I think the developers WANT it to be difficult to know if you're hidden. It makes stealing, stealthing an actual real skill. A human player at the keyboard skill. Not like SKyrim where you know EXACTLY how much you're hidden and whether or not stealing that item will be noticed. I particularly like this, tired of all the hand holding in games.

As for mobs knowing exactly where you are, not sure if that's intended, but despite what I just said, would be nice if mobs were not psychic either. It seems the devs don't have an -Alert- setting on the mobs, it's either "we don't know you're there" or "we know you're there" There is no "searching cuz we know you're there, but we don't know where" logic.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out the stealth thing a while back. The corners, edges of the screen shade/darken. It's very subtle but there if you know what to look for. I've adjusted now though. Shoot them in the head from distance. Then I don't need to worry about detection up close.

huh?

the stealth system is unbelievably ez 

as for, enemy aggros, ya, you need to kill single targets that are not near other enemies

but, yes, you can sneak-kill multiple targets of a group; just not in the braindead way of beth games

which, i actually like as im tired of the idiot mechanic where sneak-kill do not alert their nearby comrades and/or relax after a short period of time 

* serious question here because i absolutely do NOT understand the mentality: why do people WANT the game to tell you when you are hidden??  

Edited by thearmourofGod