KOTOR 2 Interview Questions

hey tyrell in your post at the bottom it says you need all post in by june 1 2005 you ment 2004 right? and will you post who wrote the ten questions you pick

Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant June 1, 2004.

Yes, I will post the 10 questions that I'll use in the interview along with the person who submitted them.

I would also take the time out to thank everyone who has contributed and submitted some questions. Everyday everyone here is always asking a question about KOTOR 2, a question here and a question there, now is your time to ask that question as it will be answered by a person from Obsidian on the KOTOR 2 development team.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

But its not over yet its only the 27th, you all who haven't submitted questions still has time.

1. Are you going to make combat more interesting for the non-Jedi characters? It was very monotonous in KOTOR 1 and weapons quick slot alone won't change it enough. Also, will it be possible to select a feat for automatical use as the default?

2. Will it be possible to retreat the whole party from combat?

3. Are you going to change art for armor and headgear? Those "jogging suit" light and medium armors and most masks/goggles looked pretty embarassing in KOTOR1. And isn't it a waste of work to create clothes for the party NPCs that join later in the game? They'd have them on just for a few seconds it takes to equip armor/robes. Wouldn't personalised armor/robes in the first place make more sense?

4. With more than 10 joinable NPCs, how do you intend to achieve deeper characterization and better interaction with and between party NPCs than in KOTOR1? Wouldn't it have been better to have fewer NPCs with more complex personalities and meaty side-quests?

Thanks.

Among all of you who work for Obsidian, who has the prettiest/cutest girlfriend?

I bet that's the question all KotOR fans have been waiting for. :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

2. Will it be possible to retreat the whole party from combat?

Just along with this question.

2a. Will we have finer control over party AI? While playing KOTOR, there were a number of times when various party members would go off running in multiple separate directions and get themselves killed. Will there be a "Follow The Leader" option where the party sticks close to whoever has the current focus? Or something similar?

To answer one of your questions ahead of time - no one makes the coffee over here. It's every man for himself. Standing idly in front of the coffee machine can be a risky proposition. :lol:

-Ferret

So no fights over who gets the first cup of coffee in the morning? smart move Obsidian :rolleyes:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy