Should be triangle? You have to hold it to get the radial out.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hi, if you go into your Inventory-weapons, can you place weapons into the slots at the top left of the screen? If there is only one weapon in the slot then it will not select/change to another. The other thing I noticed is that you cannot unequip/mod etc the weapon you have are currently enabled.

Having the same issue on Xbox One X -- can't swap out the first pistol I picked up. Even if I pull up the radial menu, selecting "Break Down" and "Unequip" won't do either of those. I can swap its location on the 4 slots, but it cannot be removed completely.

Like Edfitz said you can't unequip the currently used weapon, so you have to use a different weapon that is already equipped. At least that seems to be the rule for whatever reason. I couldn't get the weapon switch or the radial menu to work when I first launched the game, but restarting the game fixed that. (Windows 10, haven't tried it on the PS4 or X1) 

• 2 months later...

I have (had) the exact same problem on PS4: unable to switch to any of my newly other found weapons except the one pistol I started with. Really annoying - obviously some kind of a bug, since I am not the only one having this problem, even on different hardware. But as another user mentioned, fortunately just exiting the game and starting it again fixed the bug. At least for me.

• 1 year later...

Go to your inventory by hitting Tab (not sure on consoles) tab takes u to inventory then move ur weapons that u want to use for your quick menu slots (4 slots) this is also where u can change your armor helmets and also put items in your quick nenu for health.