I'm hoping to get some assistance because I'm tired and incredibly frustrated, at this point.

I originally had the game installed through the Windows Store (thanks to Game Pass) but I was extremely disconcerted with the constant crashing - that and the game was also causing my whole system to crash to the BSOD frequently. I updated my operating system to the newest build of Windows 10, and I haven't run into very many crash issues. I decided that instead of having to deal with Microsoft's proprietary file system I chose to buy the game off of the Epic Games Store, hoping for a much better opening day experience.

I started installing the game, but as it got closer and closer to the end...it restarts. It not only restarts, but the download size got larger. Then it capped at 114GB before finally telling me that a file was corrupted in the download. Not only that, but it also crashes my system - causing me to restart all over again.

I'm almost at my wit's end. I'm just so frustrated because I already had to suffer through a full format of my system and a fresh installation of Windows 10 in the hopes that it would solve all of my BSOD issues. I just want to know what's going on?

EDIT: I have determined through installing a different game on Epic Games Store that the problem is exclusive only to Outer Worlds.

Edited by CaptainSharkFin
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely the same issues. I had it yesterday and played it on Win 7 for 1 hour and had 100 crashes in that time roughly every 1-2 minutes a crash. 
I verified it today and it just started re-downloading and then finished and started re-download again and again... What a piece of ****...

Bumping to see if anything comes up. My third install and it's now 76gb from the original 35, second install was 58gb. Constant crashes when transitioning. kinda getting fed up with it. I love me some FPS Story line, but if I have to keep reinstalling every 10-12 hours of gameplay on a 40+ hour game story and potential replay, the hour or two of redownloading is making the replay value decrease, or even finishing the game until it's fixed.  (already tried all the set to 60fps, close background stuff, run as admin, blah blah) GTX1080ti on an i7 3.9ghz cpu, msi mb.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded (12/27) and installed the full game from the EGS.  Not a single hitch.  Runs fine.

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: