Jump to content
  • 0

Question

Hello everyone!

I have contacted the support about 6 months ago. Although they were very friendly they couldn't help me solve the problem. I also feel that maybe I have failed to explain the problem well enough.

Anyway I have made a short video capturing the problem. With NPCs on screen the game just turns into full retard mode. The more NPCs on screen - the worse it gets. I will not bother mentioning that it gets even worse in combat.

When the game first came out it ran absolutely fine. I completed the main story line. Now that I want to replay the game along with all DLCs I just can't. It's stuttering so much it that it is truly unplayable.

I have tried (I think) ALL of the stuttering fixes available on the internet and they just do not work. Min/Max settings, disabling telemetry, tweaking nVidia 3D Settings, updating drivers, reinstalling and so on. I've tried so many thing that I can't even remember them all.

I am running on a Intel i7, GTX980, 32GB RAM, SSD (the game is on SSD as well)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XOO4njqZOXk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

Here is a link to the video (I am not sure the embed will work): https://youtu.be/XOO4njqZOXk

 

Please help! I can't even refund it probably, yet I can't even play the content I paid for like all the DLC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, N7Cross said:

Hello everyone!

I have contacted the support about 6 months ago. Although they were very friendly they couldn't help me solve the problem. I also feel that maybe I have failed to explain the problem well enough.

Anyway I have made a short video capturing the problem. With NPCs on screen the game just turns into full retard mode. The more NPCs on screen - the worse it gets. I will not bother mentioning that it gets even worse in combat.

When the game first came out it ran absolutely fine. I completed the main story line. Now that I want to replay the game along with all DLCs I just can't. It's stuttering so much it that it is truly unplayable.

I have tried (I think) ALL of the stuttering fixes available on the internet and they just do not work. Min/Max settings, disabling telemetry, tweaking nVidia 3D Settings, updating drivers, reinstalling and so on. I've tried so many thing that I can't even remember them all.

I am running on a Intel i7, GTX980, 32GB RAM, SSD (the game is on SSD as well)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XOO4njqZOXk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

Here is a link to the video (I am not sure the embed will work): https://youtu.be/XOO4njqZOXk

 

Please help! I can't even refund it probably, yet I can't even play the content I paid for like all the DLC.

I'm willing to bet it has something to do with you having an i7.I have a 9900k and experience the very same issue from the start on the beach.Jittery camera movement/stutter.I opened the task manager>details>game.exe>affinity and disable every 2nd core like 1,3,5,7, and etc.... after that if you still experience  either jutter/stutter  disable 1 more core and repeated till its smooth again.I had to lower the game to only use 3 cores to somewhat fix it from my whole 16.Crazy.

 

Video of the issue with pillars of eternity for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J1Pk-A4Y10&feature=youtu.be Stil stutters sadly after disabling the cores but I think it's the game tbh but the frames are better.

Edited by Wiseude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, Wiseude said:

I'm willing to bet it has something to do with you having an i7.I have a 9900k and experience the very same issue from the start on the beach.Jittery camera movement/stutter.I opened the task manager>details>game.exe>affinity and disable every 2nd core like 1,3,5,7, and etc.... after that if you still experience  either jutter/stutter  disable 1 more core and repeated till its smooth again.I had to lower the game to only use 3 cores to somewhat fix it from my whole 16.Crazy.

 

Video of the issue with pillars of eternity for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J1Pk-A4Y10&feature=youtu.be Stil stutters sadly after disabling the cores but I think it's the game tbh but the frames are better.

Well... It didn't help unfortunately... Looks like I'll need to build an ATi/AMD rig to play if hardware is the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, N7Cross said:

Well... It didn't help unfortunately... Looks like I'll need to build an ATi/AMD rig to play if hardware is the issue.

yeaa upon further testing it doesnt really help that much.It does however decrease the rate they happen though.Still kinda lame.

Edited by Wiseude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...