I like the evasive roll - sort of like escape for rangers which lets me keep my ranger out of melee range. I took evasive fire as it sounded cool but I not seeing much benefit from it. Is it worth having? My ranger primarily uses an Arquebus - if I have just fired and then use evasive fire to move, can my ranger actually evasivly fire or does my ranger have to reload first?

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

It used to be very good but its base dmg got nerfed severely. Now it's  just okish.

As Kaylon said it has it's own base damage and that is not weapon related.

You'llget a rel. weak ranged piercing attack at the nearest enemy as a bonus on top of your roll for your ability point. Afaik it's not tagged as weapon attack so it wouldn't profit from weapon related passives and also would't generate focus.

Most of the time I don't take it. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 year later...
On 8/3/2019 at 4:38 AM, Boeroer said:

It used to be very good but its base dmg got nerfed severely. Now it's  just okish.

As Kaylon said it has it's own base damage and that is not weapon related.

You'llget a rel. weak ranged piercing attack at the nearest enemy as a bonus on top of your roll for your ability point. Afaik it's not tagged as weapon attack so it wouldn't profit from weapon related passives and also would't generate focus.

Most of the time I don't take it. 

Shouldn't it still be pretty good in turn-based, since it's free action? Like, you can unleash 11 in the first turn, LOL ;)