I am doing it by memory, but I think this is it:
XRBgWnX.png

Here you burn the horn.

Here you erase the book.

PS. You should be able to interact with the brasier even horn is not in your inventory. If you can't, then it is a bug.

Edited by Wormerine

12 hours ago, Jayd said:

I had this bug. Reloading an earlier save fixed it, I think. I might have restarted the entire game as well, can't remember.

13 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I am doing it by memory, but I think this is it:
XRBgWnX.png

Here you burn the horn.

Here you erase the book.

PS. You should be able to interact with the brasier even horn is not in your inventory. If you can't, then it is a bug.

Thank you my lovelies, it must be bugged then. What reward do you get for completing this in my case bugged little puzzle? An item or? I had a bug once where i couldn't summon the floating hangman either I hope all bugs will be fixed soon so I can enjoy my game. It already caused me to quit one playthrough it will not deter me from finishing another!

1 hour ago, MikeMikeMikeMikeMike said:

Thank you my lovelies, it must be bugged then. What reward do you get for completing this in my case bugged little puzzle? An item or? I had a bug once where i couldn't summon the floating hangman either I hope all bugs will be fixed soon so I can enjoy my game. It already caused me to quit one playthrough it will not deter me from finishing another!

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, all bugs should be fixed by now, as 5.0 was to be the final patch. Granted, ongoing playthroughs might be plagued by old bugs which don't get retroactively fixed. 

What you missed is this beautiful eldritch shield: 
https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Weyc%27s_Oracular_Focus

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, all bugs should be fixed by now, as 5.0 was to be the final patch. Granted, ongoing playthroughs might be plagued by old bugs which don't get retroactively fixed. 

What you missed is this beautiful eldritch shield: 
https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Weyc%27s_Oracular_Focus

Oh well this is why i start so many threads on this forum for new builds to try to get me more into the game. Since I don't like the whole companion thing at all (not obsidian's fault i just generally like to create my own group like family from scratch) everyone here helps me immensely with every comment and idea they share.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:26 AM, MikeMikeMikeMikeMike said:

Oh well this is why i start so many threads on this forum for new builds to try to get me more into the game. Since I don't like the whole companion thing at all (not obsidian's fault i just generally like to create my own group like family from scratch) everyone here helps me immensely with every comment and idea they share.

fyi, have had this issue multiple times. however, if we shift inventory, the incinerator becomes capable o' interaction. may need to play around a bit as quest items cannot be moved per se, but am knowing we managed twice and it were 'cause o' inventory manipulation.

good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 1:02 AM, Gromnir said:

fyi, have had this issue multiple times. however, if we shift inventory, the incinerator becomes capable o' interaction. may need to play around a bit as quest items cannot be moved per se, but am knowing we managed twice and it were 'cause o' inventory manipulation.

good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

Gronmir 1000 thanks mate!

I had the same bug (incinerator is not interactive, only has spy glass icon for text) and I tried your tip and it worked like a charm. I just moved some items around in the Quest items section of inventory (there are some flags and books that you can actually move, because they exist simultaneously in two sections “Quest” and “Other”) and when I exited the inventory the incinerator became interactive.

This was very important, because if you don’t finish this task you are not only missing a shield, but you are missing the achievement “One of Them”.

• 6 months later...

I have run into the same problem in the PS4 version now. I can't interact with the Incinerator (just a spy glass).

Unfortunately the trick with shuffling things around in the inventory doesn't seem to work? Any other ideas? I don't want to load an older save and practicaly play the whole DLC again ... :(

Edited by Couga

Just to make sure, you do actually have the horn?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

• 3 months later...