Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I dont understand these. Seems more like annoyances than challenges. Why not just add a button that allows you further increase the enemies stats even higher than POTD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because that would be a whole other kind of challenge. The challenges are very specific and each of them adds a particular kind of difficulty to the game, very different from enemy stats.

 

It's fine if you don't understand them -- just ignore them. I find them completely understandable but also thoroughly uninteresting and have no use for them. But I think it's  nice that they're there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a neat idea, and I will have to give some of them a go. I have been enjoying mutations for the coop mode of Starcraft2 quite a bit, though I felt it was done better, and it was more appropriate for a 10-15 minute mode.

The reason why I didn't give any of them a go just yet, is that none look interesting enough to warrant a full playthrough. 


h1dczBG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the one that makes it darker. Not too interested int others.


nowt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Because that would be a whole other kind of challenge. The challenges are very specific and each of them adds a particular kind of difficulty to the game, very different from enemy stats.

 

It's fine if you don't understand them -- just ignore them. I find them completely understandable but also thoroughly uninteresting and have no use for them. But I think it's  nice that they're there.

Sorry. I understand it. I'm saying i dont like it. Like the taking away pause one would probably just be annoying as hell. 

I can think of a few that would be really cool tho. 

"level scale above only" Enemies scale to your level or above. 

"quick slot enemies" Enemies have more quick slot items. Expect them to throw grenades at you, drink more potions, use drugs etc. 

"champion mobs" Occasionally high level leaders will spawn with packs of enemies. They have higher level, higher stats and magical equipment. 

"grand master ship captains" If you defeat the experts, grand masters will spawn. Theyre very high level and will attack you on sight. They will also rush straight to a boarding fight like the player can do. 

Edited by Kilburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there already is "scale only up" option. Those challenges aren't there for you to show off (well, unless you go for the ultimate) - they are to make things a bit more interesting for the next playthrough - it's for your own personal enjoyment only. 

Another key elements in developing those was how much work would it require to create one. There some really cool things one might do as an additional modifier, but they would take a bit more manpower.

If you are looking for extra challenge, I am told Deadly Deadfire is pretty good:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/43

I am not 100% sure if it works with 5.0, but I don't see why it wouldn't. 


h1dczBG.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kilburn said:

Sorry. I understand it. I'm saying i dont like it. Like the taking away pause one would probably just be annoying as hell. 

I can think of a few that would be really cool tho. 

"level scale above only" Enemies scale to your level or above. 

"quick slot enemies" Enemies have more quick slot items. Expect them to throw grenades at you, drink more potions, use drugs etc. 

"champion mobs" Occasionally high level leaders will spawn with packs of enemies. They have higher level, higher stats and magical equipment. 

"grand master ship captains" If you defeat the experts, grand masters will spawn. Theyre very high level and will attack you on sight. They will also rush straight to a boarding fight like the player can do. 

"Level scale up only" already exists as a difficulty option.

"Champion mobs" is basically PotD.

"Grand Master Ship Captains" would be more annoying than all god challenges combined. ;)

"I can think of a few that would be really cool though": can you though? :p

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

"Level scale up only" already exists as a difficulty option.

"Champion mobs" is basically PotD.

"Grand Master Ship Captains" would be more annoying than all god challenges combined. ;)

"I can think of a few that would be really cool though": can you though? :p

Wrong. This is level scale above. meaning all enemies actually go above your level. 

Where are the champions in POTD? All i see is mostly trash. 

Yes. You would not like this since you only sink boats with cannons and your lowly weakly cipher would never be able to face a grand master in a boarding fight. 😛

 

Edited by Kilburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

"Level scale up only" already exists as a difficulty option.

"Champion mobs" is basically PotD.

"Grand Master Ship Captains" would be more annoying than all god challenges combined. ;)

"I can think of a few that would be really cool though": can you though? :p

Oh maybe you can explain to me how my bleakwalker got 1 bar of benevolent reputation even though i never once clicked a benevolent chat option. 

Very annoying. Every time i look at his character sheet I actually get a little angry now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes my bleakwalker is now tainted by benevolence. It's terrible. What is this pathfinder game everyone is talking about. I will need to check it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was because I helped that huana guy outside the trading company get his land back. ****. and i cant reload because it's iron man. 

Edited by Kilburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you helped a guy who got screwed over and got a benevolent disposition for that? Strange...

I guess Pathfinder: Kingmaker is way more reasonable than this illogical mess. You should check it out.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boeroer said:

So you helped a guy who got screwed over and got a benevolent disposition for that? Strange...

I guess Pathfinder: Kingmaker is way more reasonable than this illogical mess. You should check it out.

it makes sense. i didn't know finishing quests changed disposition. I thought it was only tied to the chat options. 

I just swapped the documents then talked to the guy, wasn't really paying attention. There's probably a more evil way to complete it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...