Relentless Storm in turn-based mode will now Daze by default, and its Daze attacks that critically hit will upgrade to Stuns.

Source: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/109231-patch-notes-for-500/

Thoughts?  Does this dramatically reduce the effectiveness of builds such as the Fate Testarossa in turn-based mode?  Or is this spell, and builds which use it, still viable?

18 hours ago, Yosharian said:

Source: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/109231-patch-notes-for-500/

Thoughts?  Does this dramatically reduce the effectiveness of builds such as the Fate Testarossa in turn-based mode?  Or is this spell, and builds which use it, still viable?

It was kind of needed. A fury druid could literally lock down the entire battlefield with stuns, and they still can, it's just not as easy as it was before.
I'm playing through without one in my group this time, but it was a little silly before.

Druids are still a solid choice for a party member if you're looking to replace you're healer role, or supplement your support and AoE Dps roles.
I do miss having 6 party members, there's so many possible builds I want to try still. ^_^ 

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2019 at 3:43 PM, Rezbot said:

It was kind of needed. A fury druid could literally lock down the entire battlefield with stuns, and they still can, it's just not as easy as it was before.
I'm playing through without one in my group this time, but it was a little silly before.

Druids are still a solid choice for a party member if you're looking to replace you're healer role, or supplement your support and AoE Dps roles.
I do miss having 6 party members, there's so many possible builds I want to try still. ^_^ 

Can you clarify what you meant by "they still can"?

Also, I am not quite understanding the wording of the change. Does it mean Relentless Storm will only stun when it crits - and otherwise it will daze?