because I was testing Forbidden Fist a bit (is a non-weapon melee attack that works with Instruments of Pain) I was thinking I could do a quick test to see which other non-weapon abilities will gain increased range with Instruments of Pain. I suspected Grimoire Slam and similat would work but thought: "Well while I'm at it I could test a few more..".
So here's a list. I didn't test all abilites but just some I suspected might work due to weird implementation. Some I just happened to have and stumbled over them. Upgrades of abilites usually automatically also work if the base ability works. There are some surprises:
- Grimoire Slam: 0.8m --> 4.5m
- Kalakoth's Sunless Grasp: 1m --> 6m
- To my surprise Jolting Touch did NOT work.
- Forbidden Fist: 0.8m --> 4.5m
- Beetle Shell: 15m --> 90m
- Sunlance: 20m --> 120m
- Coordinated Positioning: 2.5m --> 15m
- Lay on Hands: 3m --> 18m
- Liberating Exhortation: 10m --> 60m
- Reviving Exhortation: 10m --> 60m
- Hastening Exhortation: 10m --> 60m
- Reinforcing Exhortation: 10m --> 60m
- Heal Companion: 4m --> 24m
Maybe you'll find some more.
One of the more interesting is Coordinated Positioning in my opinion. The short range always made it meh for my taste. But to imagine one yould simply teleport oneself to the enemy backline while transporting a squishy into the midst of your party to finish him off is... nice I guess.
Also Lay on Hands and Heal Companion do profit. The rest seems funny but most of the time the range is high anyways - who needs a 120m range for Sunlance?
Edited by Boeroer, 07 April 2019 - 06:46 AM.