Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Mod adds Reckless Assault modal ability with upgrade. Always miss those things, so i deside to made it for myself.

This is not a direct transfer. I've tried to make abilitiy balanced and add some additional tradeoffs, so it will be not (i hope) "switch ON and forget" ability, like it was in PoE 1.
Upgrade - Desperado - increases bonuses and penalties, and grants a decent chance to Interrupt on Crit. So the ability will be more effective with fast weapons.

Mod have a 3 versions:

 

1. Main version (were uploaded 25th march)

Reckless Assault.
+8 Melee weapon Accuracy, +20% Melee weapon Damage, -8 Deflection, 20% of Damage dealt returns as Raw Damage.

Desperado.
+15 Melee weapon Accuracy, +30% Melee weapon Damage, 50% chance to Interrupt target on Crit with melee weapons, -15 Deflection, 20% of Damage dealt returns as Raw Damage.

2. Mirrored version. Basically, what you can do to enemies, enemies can do to you (suggested by Boeroer)

Reckless Assault.
+8 Melee weapon Accuracy, +20% Melee weapon Damage, -8 Deflection, +20% Incoming melee weapon Damage.

Desperado.
+15 Melee weapon Accuracy, +30% Melee weapon Damage, 50% chance to Interrupt target on Crit with melee weapons, -15 Deflection, +30% Incoming melee weapon Damage.

3. Light version. No addition penalties, exept Deflection.

Reckless Assault.
+8 Melee weapon Accuracy, +20% Melee weapon Damage, -8 Deflection.

Desperado.
+15 Melee weapon Accuracy, +30% Melee weapon Damage, 50% chance to Interrupt target on Crit with melee weapons, -15 Deflection.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Power Level scaling turned off. There's no need for this.

Accuracy bonus will stack with everything (including active abilities) exept: Charged Field Accuracy, Thrusting Accuracy, Drawing Cut Accuracy.

Damage bonus will stack with everything (including active abilities) exept: One Stands Alone Damage Bonus, Blinding Strike Damage Multiplier, Potion of relentless striking DamageBonus, Mean Drunk Melee Damage Bonus, Mad Drunk Melee Damage Bonus, Irrepressible Damage Bonus.

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/312

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the reduced deflection already is a tradeoff, isn't it?

 

If the modal is considered an active ability (like all other modals are) then the ACC bonus won't stack with other actives and the +10% additive dmg isn't that powerful. 

 

Thus I think the raw dmg is not needed.

 

+8 ACC (not stackable with actives like Warrior Stance etc.) and +20% dmg with -8 deflection (stacks) sounds reasonable enough. Rogue doesn't have +ACC actives so it's a nice addition while emphasizing more the "squishy but deadly" rogue that Poe's version was compared to Deadfire's.

 

Upgrade "Deflecting Asault": +8 ACC, +20% dmg but only -3 deflection (in order to keep it most PoE-ish).

 

By the way: the +20% dmg didn't stack with Savage Attack's +20% in PoE.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

"Man - I have the exact same sweater! But without sleeves... and it has another pattern."
- P. Walterman -
"Nothing is wrong with the truth of my comment."
- SonicMage117 -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the reduced deflection already is a tradeoff, isn't it?

 

Nope) Rogue base Deflection is higher than in PoE 1, could be even more higher with Fighter multiclass and Trickster Deflection buffs, Repulsive Visage spell will make this penalty almost neglitable, so even -15 Deflection don't prevent "turn ON and forget" option - i need something to restrict this kind of using modal. Otherwise it will be just another cheat ability mod.

 

P.S. I wanted to use even more strong penalties, but @MaxQuest stopped me :grin:

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
f the modal is considered an active ability (like all other modals are) then the ACC bonus won't stack with other actives and the +10% additive dmg isn't that powerful.

 

You missing one thing about Acc. There's two kind of Acc Status effects (Actually 3): MeleeAccuracy, AllAccuracy, RangedAccuracy. I'm using MeleeAccuracy, so it will be stackable with other actives (paladin aura and so on), which add AllAccuracy.

 

        {

            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

            "DebugName": "Warrior_Stance_SE_Accuracy",

            "ID": "f11ef2bd-25e9-4442-a828-38cb34ed4fb0",

            "Components": [

                {

                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",

                    "StatusEffectType": "AllAccuracy",

 

        {

            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

            "DebugName": "Reckless_Assault_Melee_Accuracy",

            "ID": "a53d1c6c-1a90-4b62-bde0-ce022ca2e2c9",

            "Components": [

                {

                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",

                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeAccuracy",

 

See the difference? They will stack.

 

Also:

 

        {

            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

            "DebugName": "Two_Handed_Style_SE_DamageBonus",

            "ID": "36a35b18-4ea6-43d4-97f9-5914ae016ebb",

            "Components": [

                {

                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",

                    "StatusEffectType": "DamageMultiplier",

 

        {

            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

            "DebugName": "Reckless_Assault_Melee_Damage",

            "ID": "35491c2b-6e50-4e85-b384-a165ea769d8e",

            "Components": [

                {

                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",

                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malus to deflection surely is a tradeoff - except if you play a ranged rogue mostly. You will become squishier in melee no matter what. So it's a tradeoff.

 

"Nope" is not correct. Maybe it's not enough of a tradeoff for the benefits - but as I argued the benefits my not be that big in the first place.

 

It's only a "turn ON and forget" option if you are lazy or don't care that you die more often because you like glass cannons. But the tradeoff is still there, causing more damage to you.

 

Malus to deflection is never negligible - especially if you start with higher deflection. Since deflection has increasing returns it's even worse if you suffer a malus when starting with a higher value. 

 

If you had such bad deflection that you always get a crit to begin with  - then sure, negligile. But that's not the case.

 

@ACC stacking - ok. That makes it more potent of course. But it also means it's not exploitable by ranged chars who wouldn't care for deflection maluses.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

"Man - I have the exact same sweater! But without sleeves... and it has another pattern."
- P. Walterman -
"Nothing is wrong with the truth of my comment."
- SonicMage117 -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damage bonus will don't stack only with:

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "One_Stands_Alone_SE_DamageBonus",
            "ID": "1723a6f2-8bfd-4ffd-9e57-1325f47bcc43",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "BlindingStrike_SEDamageMult",
            "ID": "8cad2f7f-82bf-4d74-8b70-3184fa43ab64",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Potion_of_relentless_striking_SE_DamageBonus",
            "ID": "cea65b70-c58d-4a9d-9a59-033958b1ced3",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Mean_Drunk_SE_MeleeDamage",
            "ID": "e3391e3f-018c-40e8-996d-2ec7c20618f9",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Mad_Drunk_SE_MeleeDamage",
            "ID": "57883fd2-ccd3-4866-bf1d-26705bd7821e",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Irrepressible_SE_Damage",
            "ID": "1d8b7bfb-6291-4fda-bee3-37b425b67de0",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeDamageMultiplier",

 

...and will stack with everything else.

 

Accuracy bonus will don't stack only with:

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Charged_Field_SE_Accuracy",
            "ID": "2caded92-c5ed-443a-b477-2eb6c3e2e676",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeAccuracy",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Thrusting_SE_Accuracy",
            "ID": "2f716caa-e657-4636-8450-55f038602be6",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeAccuracy",

 

        {
            "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
            "DebugName": "Drawing_Cut_SE_Accuracy",
            "ID": "d0aecf51-99ad-4ce7-a7fb-76757a87d6e6",
            "Components": [
                {
                    "$type": "Game.GameData.StatusEffectComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
                    "StatusEffectType": "MeleeAccuracy",

 

...and will stack with everything else.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
But it also means it's not exploitable by ranged chars who wouldn't care for deflection maluses.

 

Um... My bad. I should add "Melee Damage" and "Melee Accuracy" to effects Description. I'll correct this now.

 

Done:

 

 

312-1553506144-1892336248.png

 

 

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not make it so the user takes 20% more damage from enemies?(EnemyDamageMultiplier)

 

Getting smacked in the face for dealing damage is kind of harsh for rogue at the point where im not sure this ability is even worth taking at all.

Edited by Kovil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats the point,isn't it?If you are gonna make it so the ability sucks and there is no way around it,noone is gonna pick it.I would see absolutely no issue with it if the rest of the talent tree would have been designed this way,but its not.

 

Mostly dislike the logical side of it to be honest.Makes little sense to take damage for hitting someone,at least in the context of the class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats the point,isn't it?If you are gonna make it so the ability sucks and there is no way around it,noone is gonna pick it.I would see absolutely no issue with it if the rest of the talent tree would have been designed this way,but its not.

 

Mostly dislike the logical side of it to be honest.Makes little sense to take damage for hitting someone,at least in the context of the class.

 

1. With Rogues you don't be hitting often anyway, so i want to restrict using this modal forever, even if Rogue will be not "under fire".

2. Rogue Multiclass Have a variety of options to Rise up Deflection - Fighter Vigorous Defences, Wizard Deflection buffs and so on.

3. Trickster Class have a several Deflection buffs and Repulsive Visage spell, making Deflection penalty itself not so severe.

4. The benefits of Reckless Assault and Desperado is HU-U-UGE - they stack almost with everything in game.

5. It's not so bad - you just need some Heal.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again: if you utilize Deflection buffs then a malus is more severe than if you wouldn't use buffs. The only time when you don't need to care about a deflection malus is when you always receive crits anyways.

 

I agree that the raw dmaage per attack makes not much sense - it's like you had thorns on your grip or something. Increased damage would be a possibility. This would reduce effects from armor (underpenetration) a bit. Your raw damage thing currently is even worse than hitting yourself with Deep Wounds (! - I guess it's multiplicative 20% instant raw damage?).

 

If you think the deflection penalty is not severe enough - maybe just give it a bigger one? 

 

+20% additive damage is not huge. It's just 4.2 dmg per swing with a great sword (highest melee base dmg). Would be huge if you added it as a lash.

 

A perfectly balanced apporach (since its a modal) would be +8 ACC, + 20% additive dmg while receiving a malus of -8 deflection and receiving +20% dmg: What you do to the enemy the enemy will do to you. 

 

If I had access to the ability in its current form (raw multiplicative dmg) I would never use it. 4.2 dmg increase while I would murder myself with a multiplicative raw dmg of maybe 12 or 15 or even higher (depends on dmg boosts and PL scaling)? Naaa...

Edited by Boeroer

"Man - I have the exact same sweater! But without sleeves... and it has another pattern."
- P. Walterman -
"Nothing is wrong with the truth of my comment."
- SonicMage117 -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A perfectly balanced apporach (since its a modal) would be +8 ACC, + 20% additive dmg while receiving a malus of -8 deflection and receiving +20% dmg: What you do to the enemy the enemy will do to you.

 

Well, this is make sense. I'll make a second version with "mirrored" penalties tomorrow.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mod have a 3 versions:

 

1. Main version (were uploaded 25th march)

Reckless Assault.
+8 Melee weapon Accuracy, +20% Melee weapon Damage, -8 Deflection, 20% of Damage dealt returns as Raw Damage.

Desperado.
+15 Melee weapon Accuracy, +30% Melee weapon Damage, 50% chance to Interrupt target on Crit with melee weapons, -15 Deflection, 20% of Damage dealt returns as Raw Damage.

2. Mirrored version. Basically, what you can do to enemies, enemies can do to you (suggested by Boeroer)

Reckless Assault.
+8 Melee weapon Accuracy, +20% Melee weapon Damage, -8 Deflection, +20% Incoming melee weapon Damage.

Desperado.
+15 Melee weapon Accuracy, +30% Melee weapon Damage, 50% chance to Interrupt target on Crit with melee weapons, -15 Deflection, +30% Incoming melee weapon Damage.

3. Light version. No addition penalties, exept Deflection.

Reckless Assault.
+8 Melee weapon Accuracy, +20% Melee weapon Damage, -8 Deflection.

Desperado.
+15 Melee weapon Accuracy, +30% Melee weapon Damage, 50% chance to Interrupt target on Crit with melee weapons, -15 Deflection.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...