Lucia Rivan/Furrante - dialogue choices available with missing context

DiabloStorm

Question

I talked to Yseyr the Berathian a while back, but absolutely nothing was said about Lucia Rivan and yet these options opened up to me in conversation with Furrante. I was expecting to have to go back and talk to Yseyr to have these available to me, as would make sense, but they're there anyway.
This seems to be a common problem; that is, dialogue options showing up giving my character options they shouldn't know anything about yet.

lwkctP2.jpg

Also of note is a seemingly endless loop you can do for principi reputation, obsidian can find this themselves if they ever get around to fixing this. I didn't have to dig deep to find these errors and a lot of these issues make me wonder if this was playtested at all.

Edited by DiabloStorm

2 answers to this question

Did you go to Yseyr before talking to Furrante?

Yes, I completed Eulogy for the Dead where I talked to Yseyr, but there was no mention of Rivan, I also at the time pickpocketed the Engoliero do Espirs (the only mention of Rivan is when you examine the item in the stash) from Yseyr before leaving. This was early in my playthrough.

I should stress that I didn't bother clicking the above two dialogue choices marked in red above, clicked the third option, then went to talk to Yseyr again (whereby the quest updated) the 2 marked options in red shouldn't even be there until I've done this. I'm returning to Furrante as I type this. (Which I would have done sooner had I not had the Floating Hangman pay me a visit in Queen's Berth, so I sailed around until the event triggered when I was actually in my ship on the sea.....)

Edited by DiabloStorm