[Fort Deadlight] Can't free Sceydwin

Daskard

Question

I have talked to Sceydwin and wanted to free her once it's safe.

Then I killed Benweth and seemingly you should be able to free Sceydwin, after you have cleared the area, but she just says "Sod you!"

Am I missing out on something interesting if I can't free her? I was going to rid the fortress of all pirates anyway. I know she will be a blacksmith, but is she useful in any way?

Edited by Daskard
  • Like 1

6 answers to this question

Roger that. For the gold reloading from much earlier is not worth the hassle.

Thank you.

The problem of the quest being misleading remains.

She explicitly says, she might get caught if you free her while all the guards are still out and about. You cause the guards to not be as lively anymore and she is angry. Well, M'lady, make up your mind.

• Like 1

Hm, I think I'm only able to free her once I killed Brutal Benny without setting off any alarm. Or that's what I remember...

Don't need to clear the guards then. If you kill Benny without setting the whole fort on fire then that's enough.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hm, I think I'm only able to free her once I killed Brutal Benny without setting off any alarm. Or that's what I remember...

Don't need to clear the guards then. If you kill Benny without setting the whole fort on fire then that's enough.

That is untrue. You can set her free as soon as you arrive at the fort as long as you don't set off an alarm. You could even hoist a Principi flag, enter the fort and set her free immediately. You don't need to kill Benny before setting her free.

What is untrue? That I remember it that way? ;)

Guess I can't remember differently anyway since I always kill Benwith right away (no flag, climb the fort, go to Benwith, free the gal).

I guess the important thing is that you can't free her once the fort turned hostile. Because then she also seems to turn hostile (as does Mike et al.).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Alright then, since I've been travelling for quite a few days since that, she will be dead by now ... considering the whole fort has been de-pirated by a certain watcher and his party.

On my next playthrough I will have to listen to the horns more carefully.